PS3 3d blu ray is now being downloaded

Maineiac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 12, 2005
Just went to check on updates to my PS3 and the 3D update we have been waiting for is now available

really need to get a 3d reciever as my onkyo 606 I dont think will work.....I have a hd66 just waiting for an add on to work with blurays...and I am set :)

Seems to work, okay, although I am more than likely to use my Samsung 3d Blu-ray instead. I actually had to move it to my 3d TV to test it, and then returned it to its normal TV.

why? whats the benefit of the samsung 3d over this?

It works and negotiates settings with the samsung tv. I haven't done much picture comparison, but it seems to do an excellent job. Quieter and less power used than my release model PS3 60GB. I happen to play more games on the other TV. And of course I want a Blu-ray player on each of my HDTV's.

It works and negotiates settings with the samsung tv. I haven't done much picture comparison, but it seems to do an excellent job. Quieter and less power used than my release model PS3 60GB. I happen to play more games on the other TV. And of course I want a Blu-ray player on each of my HDTV's.

Found these restriction for the PS3 with 3D discs listed by Sony fpr 3.50. So now there is additional reason to use another 3d player. Particularly don't like the lack of HD-audio support. Didn't see the other problems with the discs I currently have.

"Limitations on Blu-ray 3D™ disc playback

• The 3D display of some elements such as menus and subtitles may be different on the PS3™ system than on other 3D playback devices.
• Depending on the content, some BD-J (BD-Java) features may not play in 3D or may not function properly on the PS3™ system.
• When Dolby TrueHD is selected as the audio format, audio will be output in Dolby Digital during playback of Blu-ray 3D™ content.
• When DTS-HD is selected as the audio format, audio will be output in DTS during playback of Blu-ray 3D™ content.

I downloaded the update last night and also downloaded 2 3D games...

One a baseball game and the second a racing game...

I was blown away with the racing game. A few times I drove my car off the cliff and my god my heart was beating like I was on a roller coaster!

3DTV so far sucks since only 1 3D Movie is being sold... but 3D gaming is AMAZING!

I suppose they will come out with more updates enabling more and more 3D features. Hopefully they get the lossless audio working. It is probably a lot of work, and few skilled programmers to work on the PS3 at Sony.

I downloaded the update last night and also downloaded 2 3D games...

One a baseball game and the second a racing game...

I was blown away with the racing game. A few times I drove my car off the cliff and my god my heart was beating like I was on a roller coaster!

3DTV so far sucks since only 1 3D Movie is being sold... but 3D gaming is AMAZING!

For those of you with PS3, but no HD. PS3 menu screen is Sony XCross (the same as Sony TVs). The PS3 communicates with Sony 3D and 3D (ie auto on auto input select) ready TVs. Sony TVs don't care about your source. If you want to watch your favorite College or Pro football in 3D there is a buttton on the remote that says 3D. You can watch 2D in 3D or versy vicea.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts