PS3 Price

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No way. The Blu-ray drive will cost that much or the PS3 will price all the standalone Blu-Ray players out of the market. If it is 399 I will get on to use as a Blu-Ray player only!!!

It won't be $799, but it won't be $399 either.

I think $499 is the magic point for sony. Really expensive for most, but not so expensive that some good games will make you stand in line to buy one while you freeze your nuts off...

Seriously guys, start releasing these things in august or september for the love of god...September would be great, the kids get busted for skipping school and I don't get my berries stuck to the sidewalk...

I agree with Purogamer. Since the PS3 will have both the Blu-Ray drive and a hard drive I believe Sony will sell at the $499 price point and lose $400 to $500 per unit. Once you go over $500 you are in the PC range and you then begin competing against a product that you can intially do more with.

But I would not be surprised to see a price as high as $699. When working with EB many years ago a company brought out a product that was twice as expensive as the current Nintendo and Genesis products but the thing sold out quickly. They just did not have enough support from game makers to survive. We all know that Sony has plenty of support but I am still sticking with my $499 price point.

Either way I have been saving for a year to get one. I have about $700 saved up in coin to make my purchase. I just hope that when it finally comes out I have enough to buy a few games.

Last edited:
"...get my berries stuck to the sidewalk..."
Don't you hate it when that happens? :haha

Seriously, I'm no gamer, but at $399 it'd be hard NOT to buy one, just to play BRs. Even with limited features. And my college kid could probably find a few other uses for it.

If it is 399, I will get it just for the blu ray drive. The only games I would use it for are gran turismo and grand theft auto. I will back the Xbox 360, if for no other reason than Bill Gates needs the money!! Im saving up for launch day as well. If its like the last 3 launchs have been, I should be able to get 10 units with 1 hour wait in line!! They never sell out launch night here. I figure I can make several grand selling them on e-bay.

So, it is too expensive for the Nintendo brigade, and too restrictive for the high rollers....

Hmm. Microsoft may be in better shape than we thought.

Especially against the Nintendo Wie Wie Poo Poo CaCa....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts