PS3 reached it's apex already?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Settle down richard. Do you want a PS3? I'll got get one off the mountain of them at my local best buy and ship it to you. I'll even wipe the dust off.

BTW, as for CC website, it's not right, they say none in stock at my CC, but yet they have plenty.

You know what you should do is complain to the retailers on not reditributing their supply properly. If my Best buy has 30 of the PS3's (yeah, they did when I was there), why not send 10 to a store with none? Or better yet, check supply before shipping more!

I know the PS3 is not unobtainable any more, and I know I could probably get my hands on one if I were highly motivated to get one fairly quickly. But they are not widely available, either.

The only reason I originally posted in this thread is because I kept seeing posts on various boards and blogs saying something like, "Well, now that there are PS3s sitting on the shelf everywhere and everybody that wants one already has one...(blah-blah-blah)" and I never saw anybody challenging statements like this, which I thought was rather curious, since it's clearly not true. So I decided to speak up.

If your local Best Buy would transfer some of their dusty PS3s to my local branch, I'm sure they would be grateful. They obviously can't keep any in stock. Maybe your local clerks are honestly saying they can't give the damn things away, I don't know, but I find that hard to believe. Maybe they aren't transferring stock because the units some people are seeing on the shelves are not the same ones they saw last time they were in that store?

If that idea seems too outrageous, then check this Sunday's national newspaper supplement ads and tell me why, again this week, there is no national chain advertising the PS3 console for sale in their video game section? If it's a distribution problem, then every national chain is making the same mistakes all at the same time. Check out the Shopko ad - they devote a page to various video game systems, the XBox 360, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP and PS2, and yes, even the Wii (in "limited supply"), but the PS3 section is the only one that doesn't feature the console. Instead, they substitute a picture of the PS3 wireless controller (available for $44.99) above their selection of PS3 game titles. Why would they so obviously omit them if they had PS3 consoles to sell?

The answer is simple - they don't have the units. The PS3 is not "widely available" yet. It may be soon (who knows?) but it isn't yet.

Richard, I am honestly glad to see a post of someone on the other side of the PS3 fence as far as availability is concerned. Just so you know this Sunday I went around at 1pm local time and here is what I saw.

Most PS3's were 60 gig, few 20gig thrown in
45 PS3's at Best Buy, 1 Wii! OMG I finally saw a Wii in person
10 PS3's at CC, no Wii's
1 PS3 at Meijer, no Wii
4 PS3 at one of the wal-marts in the area, no Wii's
4 PS3 at Target, no Wii's

Guess what, no local ad's with PS3's. Meijer had Wii's in their ads, but no Wii's in stock

Edit: btw, I don't get national ad inserts, I get the national chains regionalized insert for stores in my area. I don't get ShopKo ads (but I wish a shopko was in my area, that's one store I really miss)

Last edited:
Richard, I am honestly glad to see a post of someone on the other side of the PS3 fence as far as availability is concerned. Just so you know this Sunday I went around at 1pm local time and here is what I saw.

Most PS3's were 60 gig, few 20gig thrown in
45 PS3's at Best Buy, 1 Wii! OMG I finally saw a Wii in person
10 PS3's at CC, no Wii's
1 PS3 at Meijer, no Wii
4 PS3 at one of the wal-marts in the area, no Wii's
4 PS3 at Target, no Wii's

Guess what, no local ad's with PS3's. Meijer had Wii's in their ads, but no Wii's in stock

I was on the hunt for a wii this weekend and every store I went to had plenty of PS3s and no Wii's. I didnt count them but there were at least 10 at each store. I checked Best Buy, CC, Target and two walmarts

I saw the PS3 console advertised in the multi-page Friday Fry's ad here near Atlanta. It was plastered on the top of each page if I remember correctly. That would be the first time I saw the PS3 being advertised as in house.

How long does it take to have circulars printed? For Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving), ads were being leaked weeks in advance. I guess the stores did not realize the PS3's were not going to sell out completely a month or more ago, so they didn't advertise them in their circulars. Now you may start seeing them in ads since the PS3's are (nearly) readily available and have been for a few weeks.

Just a note, Target and others only have a limited shelf space on the floor for PS3's. It is very likely that they have a pile in the stockroom as well, not just the 4 you see on the floor.

Please. There are like 3 decent games out dude. You want to know what I had when I bought the 360 on Launch day Nov 22, 2005. I had Madden(Sucked ASS), PG3(Ok game), and COD 2(Great game). Then 2 weeks later i got Dead or Alive 4(Sucked) and there wasn't another game worth buying until GoW. Looks like M$ burned up the market in that first 2 months too huh.

I just don't understand the Sony bias.

Without price decrease PS3 is pretty much dead behind 360 and Wii - my local GS had a dozen on the floor, collecting dust, nobody cared about the display unit, they told me everybody is looking for Wii.

Apparently it doesn't stop Sony's SCEA president to keep talking utter BS: "If You Can Find a PS3... I'll Give You 1,200 Bucks For it"

Anybody who buys this "It's so early!" BS is just out of his mind - why, isn't Wii so early as well yet it's selling as hotcakes? Pathetic Sony idiocy.

Without price decrease PS3 is pretty much dead behind 360 and Wii - my local GS had a dozen on the floor, collecting dust, nobody cared about the display unit, they told me everybody is looking for Wii.

Apparently it doesn't stop Sony's SCEA president to keep talking utter BS: "If You Can Find a PS3... I'll Give You 1,200 Bucks For it"

Anybody who buys this "It's so early!" BS is just out of his mind - why, isn't Wii so early as well yet it's selling as hotcakes? Pathetic Sony idiocy.

They had a better launch than the xbox360 which is doing very well now, NA only numbers:

Week Console 1 Date Monthly Total Console 2 Date Monthly Total
1 PS3 Nov 06 226,000 226,000 X360 Nov 05 362,000 362,000
2 PS3 Dec 06 554,500 780,500 X360 Dec 05 312,500 674,500

Add that in Japan PS3 outsells xbox360 3-5to1 and will do better with time and in Europe it's btw 0.8-1 at worst to 1-1.5 at best in sales ratio.
It's not selling like hotcakes but not "bad" like most people think.

M$ had their GeoW and will add Halo. Let Sony come out with their big guns before you judge it...Some "analysts" are like the ESPN people who said the yankees will lose the division in April-May. Doesn't take a genius to think it's too early to tell now.

Again: how that Wii, which launched at the very same time, is selling MUCH-MUCH better, all around the world? It has a pretty lame lineup yet it's still impossible to get it. In fact IIRC it's outselling everybody else...

From the games I see in the stores, and the ones I've bought already, Wii has a lot more worthwhile games available.
PS3 seems to be only sports and 1st person shooters.
Wii on the other hand has a bunch that appeal to the kids.

Maybe PS3 will finally have something for the kids now that Sonic the Hedgehog is out. But until some mass appeal games come out, then PS3 will remain sluggesh.

I don't really think the PS3 is for kids though. I mean, besides the well off folks, who is going to buy a $700 game system for an 8 YO.

My point is that the Wii has a wider assortment of games.
The PS3 right now seems to be mainly sports, which only caters to a particular audience, same with the shoot-em up games.

There are no RPG or Adventure games yet, which played a big portion in the PS1 and PS2 successes.

My point is that the Wii has a wider assortment of games.

For kids, perhaps. But not only "for kids" parents are chasing it everywhere, I think it's obvious - most 'Wii-chasers' are adults, buying it for themselves.

The PS3 right now seems to be mainly sports, which only caters to a particular audience, same with the shoot-em up games.

PS3 is expensive, expensive as hell. I could've bought it, even aside of my Wii but I loath any console. Wii was the first console I really admired for bringing something new to the table, somehing else than the usual craptastic console-copy of PC gaming, with its newly invented control system.

There are no RPG or Adventure games yet, which played a big portion in the PS1 and PS2 successes.

Really? I always thought racing, fighting and action games were the best selling PS2 games...:confused:

For kids, perhaps. But not only "for kids" parents are chasing it everywhere, I think it's obvious - most 'Wii-chasers' are adults, buying it for themselves.

PS3 is expensive, expensive as hell. I could've bought it, even aside of my Wii but I loath any console. Wii was the first console I really admired for bringing something new to the table, somehing else than the usual craptastic console-copy of PC gaming, with its newly invented control system.

this is why I got the wii for its innovative game play. I play it for hours at a time usally untill my arm/shoulder start bothering me. I just have wii sports no other games. I took it to a friends house who has the 360, he is an avid golfer and could get over how much fun it was to play golf on the wii compared to his tiger woods on the 360. Its not always about graphics, yes the wii might not compare graphics but is much more fun to play.

FFVII pretty much set the PS1 in first place.

I was talking about PS2 but PS1 had Ridge Racer, Tekken, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Gran Turismo, GTA, Wipeout, Crash Bandicot etc. Best selling game for PS ever is Gran Turismo, FF didn't even come close.
RPG games hardly make any console successful, I firmly believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)