PS3 Software Update 1.54

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
I just slid in a BD movie and was prompted to download update 1.54 before proceeding. I am not a gamer, but I performed a cursory search of google, the Sony Playstation site, and a couple game forums but see anything that caught my eye. Anyway, where can I find information regarding PS3 updates?

Also, the online software download takes forever. I noticed the update can be applied from USB, but I can't seem to locate a download link anywhere on the Playstation site.:confused:

Thanks in advance...

:hatsoff: Thanks! I can't figure out why it takes 20 minutes to download via the PS3 when I can download it from Sony online to a PC in around 3.:confused: Anyway, I'll just download to USB until things speeds up a bit.

No problem.

I am guessing here, but I'll wager the download method on the PS3 is a type of P2P ((to save bandwidth) bittorrent comes to mind), which might explain why it is is slower when compared to a direct download, again, just a guess.

Let us know how it goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts