PS3's Does ANYBODY still want one?

Your right, the 360 sales have slowed down thank you for pointing that out, there are storerooms full of 360's just sitting there.

Why did you change the subject? We were talking about the PS3 sitting on shelves all over the country. I'm just not sure why Sony deserves any credit in all this.

Why did you change the subject? We were talking about the PS3 sitting on shelves all over the country. I'm just not sure why Sony deserves any credit in all this.

I gotta be honest posty, I have yet to see a Ps3 sitting on shelves in my area, I really dont, there are reports of it on here, but this is the only place, in fact if you go over to ps3forums, or any other forum, you will see that plenty of people still need one....also The prices are down to market value on ebay, because I think Sony is doing a great job getting their product out there, why do you say they dont deserve credit, I think with a really good push today, they could have sold 1 million in the us, as they are at 730,000

I gotta be honest posty, I have yet to see a Ps3 sitting on shelves in my area, I really dont, there are reports of it on here, but this is the only place, in fact if you go over to ps3forums, or any other forum, you will see that plenty of people still need one....also The prices are down to market value on ebay, because I think Sony is doing a great job getting their product out there, why do you say they dont deserve credit, I think with a really good push today, they could have sold 1 million in the us, as they are at 730,000

So people on forums need Ps3s and that proves what? They could have sold 1 million but it seems like getting to 1 million and 1 might prove a challenge. Either way I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers. You don't bother to provide a link. But it's ok because in your mind they could sell 1/3 as many Ps3's in one day as they have in the previous 6 weeks.

edit: Please don't link to one of the sales estimation websites. They are not a valid basis for discussion.

People will realize within 1 year or less the PS3 will be superior game machine when the following games will come out which will have better graphics:

God of War 3
Killzone 3 (the new one)
GT5
MGS4 ( i can't wait for this one)
Socom 4!
Lair
Devil May Cry 4
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (this one is going to be huge)
The Getaway
Formula One
Final Fantasy XIII

Then we can say to the wii..in your face.
Lets face the facts the PS3 is a superior system + better image quality.
Sure your son may like the wii now and say PS3 sucks but the problem now is..Wii makes games for kids that are young and not mature people 16+...
When your son ages he will see the diffence and one day he will say the Wii sucks dad i want the PS3.

I am sure we will see more of that.

Oh btw in Reno,Nevada is rare to see a PS3 around here in our local Costco (thats where i got mine from 2 of them 1 for me and 1 for my old man we both went in line 1 and 2 in line) our local costco didn't allow camping so eheh thats why we got it, my local BB is out, CC is out too, WM is out too, EB+GS they are out too, and gamecrazy out too..also target + few other stores don't have em either..i heard they got shipments between release date and until late december and all of them were sold out.
I have yet to see a PS3 on a shelf or heck even a pallet..

I am not a major gamer so I only play a few hours a week if lucky. I got the Xbox 360 and I like the games and graphics but I would rather have an easier gaming system. I cant stand the dual stick/million button controllers. I just cant get the grasp of it. So the PS3 may be superior technology wize, but I am ready for the Wii. I am waiting on more supply and my birthday in February but I want fun and not superiority. From what I read and converstations with my brother, I think Wii is the winner in this bunch. I cant wait to get the better controller and fun games.

People will realize within 1 year or less the PS3 will be superior game machine when the following games will come out which will have better graphics:

I don't think that's true. And that's also comparing two different things. The PS3 has the graphics engine, but the Wii has the more interesting control system. I don't know why people keep saying the Wii is only a kiddy system. I think it's more like an 'Everyone' system whereas the PS3 is a 'hardcore' system.

Honestly I think the lacking demand (in comparison to the launch of the PS2, as well as in comparison to the demand of the Wii) is largely in part due to:

A) Price
B) There are NOT enough games to spend the money on.

Honestly, I don't care about the PS3 game lineup, none of them interest me. And I don't own an HDTV, so the better graphics don't really matter much at this point.

Nevermind the fact that i've long since gotten bored of the Final Fantasy 'Movies' that are released as 'games'.

The Wii and PS3 are NOT in direct competition. The 360 and the PS3 are, and face it, the PS3 just came late to the game and brought virtually nothing with it. Combine that and the launch issues (I've heard its backwards-compatibility has serious issues) and it has problems starting up.

Obviously, as more stuff is developed, the story may change..

Lets face it, playing a PS3 is basically the same as playing a PS2, with no real benifits from upgrading to it at this point.

Yes better games will come which will show off the power of the PS3 (Finally) but as of now if your not going to watch BluRay, then save your money.

I got to admit I love the WII more then I thought I would, What other game system can I play against a 4 year old and a 13 year old and have a decent game with all of them. I couldn't believe it when we first setup the WII, the 13 year old put down the controler for a moment and the 4 year old went and got it and soon was smacking balls out of the ball park playing baseball!

I do believe I will get a PS3 in the future, and maybe by then they will have it working correctly with all the bells and whistles.

Lets face it, playing a PS3 is basically the same as playing a PS2, with no real benifits from upgrading to it at this point.

Yes better games will come which will show off the power of the PS3 (Finally) but as of now if your not going to watch BluRay, then save your money.

for the most part I agree with Scott, NBA 2k7 has motion sensing working, March is suppose to be a HUGE month for the Ps3, we will see if it pans out, and ICEwolf, while its great you love the Ps3 that much, some of the games you mentioned that will put it over the top, are also going to be on the 360.

God of War 3
Killzone 3 (the new one)
GT5
MGS4 ( i can't wait for this one)
Socom 4!
Lair
Devil May Cry 4
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (this one is going to be huge)
The Getaway
Formula One
Final Fantasy XIII

Then we can say to the wii..in your face.
Lets face the facts the PS3 is a superior system + better image quality.
Sure your son may like the wii now and say PS3 sucks but the problem now is..Wii makes games for kids that are young and not mature people 16+...
When your son ages he will see the diffence and one day he will say the Wii sucks dad i want the PS3.

I am sure we will see more of that.

I still fail to see why people are comparing the PS3 and the Wii. They are totally different systems.

The PS3 is in competition with the 360. Graphics is not what the Wii is about. The Wii is the most innovative game console to be released in a long time. Like I've said before, I imagine many people will have a PS3 or 360 AND a Wii.

This is really a crazy argument. The Wii and PS3 are two totally different systems and aren't really competing with each other. PS3 is a hard core game system while the Wii is an innovative new way of playing interactive games. I have no doubt that many PS3 and 360 owners will have a Wii on their shelf also.

However, the fact remains that I can buy a PS3 system on the internet and in many stores right now (not counting ebay) while the Wii is just about impossible.

In case you don't believe me:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5303667
http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4753969/ctid/19/INstock/Y/D//SkuNo/984394

Very nice trying to make an argument posting an Fing bundle. That was plain dumb!!

BTW: SOrry guys for no posts this weekend. Been out of town with the boys in A Town for my hokie game, which even though we lost it for ourselves, was still very fun cuz we picked up some Georgia girls sittin near us. Happy new year all!

Went to GameStop today to trade in a couple 360 games and get some new/used ones. They had 3 PS'3s for sale, all 3 were returned unopened the sales lady said. Probably ebay speculators. They have a wait list of 20 people for a Wii.

Btw, let me add that in addition to my earlier posts about the PS3's at target, the town I live in has a seasonal college population of almost 60,000 studients (heavy gamers with disposable income). The two largest cities have about 100,000 people between them and 250,000 in the county. Just an observation that if the PS3 is for teens and young adults, this area would seem ideal for PS3 sales with an approxiamte 80,000 (low estimate) potential customers. Ok, so lets say half are non-gamers or even 3/4. That still leaves plenty of people in the demographic of the PS3 that are not scooping up all the PS3's that I am seeing in the area.

And if that college town is anything like Blacksburg, VA, there is NO ONE THERE RIGHT NOW. There's a better party in my house right now than anyone is having at VT. Geez!!!

BTW: SOrry guys for no posts this weekend. Been out of town with the boys in A Town for my hokie game, which even though we lost it for ourselves, was still very fun cuz we picked up some Georgia girls sittin near us. Happy new year all!

Hope you didn't catch anything from those UGA girls...there's been an epidemic of VD's going around here in Athens (home of UGA)! Don't have any wierd lesions appearing or itching going on, do you???

We've never owned more than one current gen system before, until now. I can attest that, like us, most families with kids will probably get the Wii and HD enthusiasts/gamers family members will get either the PS3 or X360 in addition to that Wii.

Funny thing is, we have yet to buy a game for the PS3, but have two for the Wii. I would come close to buying RFoM (getting tired of FPS though), but nothing else interests me out there yet. Of course, I'm the only one playing the purchased Wii games (Excite Truck and Rayman)...my daughters keep playing Wii Sports.

BTW HPman, just joking!

And if that college town is anything like Blacksburg, VA, there is NO ONE THERE RIGHT NOW. There's a better party in my house right now than anyone is having at VT. Geez!!!
Sorry HPman to burst your bubble, there are plenty of people around. Most students do not leave for breaks and the homers come back to the parents for a while. With an year round pop of about a 1/4 mil, and a 9 month influx of students, there are plenty of people here to buy up to oh so coveted PS3's. But yet, today even all 12 are still at target (do I see dust on them?) and 3 still at gamestop (all 3 were returned). :)

Don't take my post as being anti-ps3. I am anti-sony everything cause of how they treated me long ago. But that has nothing to do with the FACTS I am reporting. I am just flat out reporting what I am seeing in my area, not saying it's a nationwide epidemic. Is the PS3 a nice system? sure, I think so. If I wasn't screwed by sony years ago, I would probably buy one just for blu-ray, but I vowed to never guy anything sony again and have kept my word. I think the PS3 will compete well with the 360 (good for everyone) and the Wii is gonna find it's niche like nintendo always seems to do and make boatloads for them.

Why do you take everything so personal about the PS3 when people point out things that you don't like to hear?

It will compete well with the 360 (good for everyone) and the Wii is gonna find it's niche like nintendo always seems to do and make boatloads for them.

I wish so many others would get this point. Competition within the game systems is good for everybody.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts