psp question

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
thinking about getting a psp for my kid who is about to turn seven.

does anyone know if they have any planned price cuts coming up for the psp?

Geez, 2nd time in a row where I agree with Puro.

I would look at the DS Lites which launch on the 10th. The DS has the momentum right now.

Actually PSP is a great machine. It may lack the video output - damn, Sony! - and perhaps a bit big for mp3 player for some but otherwise it's way more than a mobile console.

Fully armed (OK no designated video-out) multimedia player, mobile internet device and a mobile game console with best available hardware - all these in one unit, that is the PSP.
DS/Lite? That's a mobile game console with a bit outdated graphics and that's it. Of course, it could be just as much fun as any other gaming device tbu that's up to the games... ;)

Last edited:
Well he's 7, so I don't think he needs a mobile internet device or a mobile pron-WMV player, which is why I didn't suggest getting the psp...

But since he has a DS, what's the problem with it? Get him some more games. PSP is kind of overrated. If he'll get bored with a DS he'll probably get bored with a PSP too.

NEVER buy a handheld off ebay. You have no idea how something like that's been abused. Dropped, scratched, submerged under (toilet) water, etc...A console is a noticable risk but a handheld i'd never buy used...

I buy all kind of things from eBay but never had such a problem. All you have to do is check your seller twice before you click... ;)

he does not get bored with the DS. he is in the time of his life where he loves playing video games. we just got him arean football and nhl 06 for the xbox. third hockey game we have and he still can't get enough.

My PSP is a paperweight.

Any game that comes out for it will be ported to the PS2, like Liberty City Stories.

The PSP will be the last Sony console that I buy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts