Pur E2 image

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What's an H7? What's PIG?
A Zgemma H7.
As for PIG...Picture in guide. Something that was mentioned awhlie ago "who needs that" in another forum.
It was a pain for me to see the epg transparency with the channel I wanted to see in the background.
A little TV screen in the upper corner is the way it should be, like openatv and others.

There's a big update available today for Pur E2. It's available for update on the fly through the Setup-Software Update menu.

I am really liking this image. It has the look and feel of a more traditional appliance STB, but all the functionality of the Edision receiver is still there.

Last edited:
Reactions: primestar31
Another screenshot, this one of the OTA EPG:

57B886E0-7560-4635-BF84-486204CE8233.jpeg

I also found some additional EPG guide data settings under the Settings menu:

32E95304-1C25-45F4-ABD6-6D361D5F9E8F.jpeg

Reactions: primestar31
IIRC when I used that image I had to import a new satellites.xml file to the box because that image only came with the European birds. Not a big problem but that image was certainly designed for the EU block.

arlo

This seems to be an oft reoccuring subject of yours on several forums during the past year. I'm going to join the chorus. Different images and skins default to different RCU functions and configurations. The user can select or customize different RCU configurations in any image. The great thing about Enigma2 images, You have control over your experience. There is no right or wrong, just what you prefer...

Have you checked out the remote control menu settings as we talked about on the phone?

OpenVIX: Menu>> User Interface>> Channel Selection and/or Button Setup
TNAP and/or SatDreamGR: Menu>> Setup>> GUI Settings>> User Interface
OpenPLI: Menu>> System>> GUI Settings>> User Interface
PURE2: Menu>> pManager>> RC-Keyboard or Menu>> System>> Customize or Menu>> System>> Channel Selection

Many remote functions are user setting in the customization menu. Example: In TNAP and/or SatDreamGR: Menu>> Setup>> GUI Settings>> User Interface - Enable the Neutrino style Zap control or channel select controlling, Enable/disable zapping with CH+/-, B+/-, P+/-, and many many more settings.

I read your reply a few days ago but tended to hold a reply to it.
The question went unanswered while I digested and waited for valid and informative info.
As you have read my 'other recurring posts' on the subject, is the out-of-box interface at all like using an image like satdreamgr, openatv, or vix (as you suggested)?
Guess I'll have to try it out and see. I think my question was a good one. Who wants to be a relative noob, install a new enigma2 version, and spend a half a day figuring out ftp credentials and working around easily navigating channels? Hmm?

I read your reply a few days ago but tended to hold a reply to it.
The question went unanswered while I digested and waited for valid and informative info.
As you have read my 'other recurring posts' on the subject, is the out-of-box interface at all like using an image like satdreamgr, openatv, or vix (as you suggested)?
Guess I'll have to try it out and see. I think my question was a good one. Who wants to be a relative noob, install a new enigma2 version, and spend a half a day figuring out ftp credentials and working around easily navigating channels? Hmm?
Had seen your previous and deleted reply... I prefer this reply... LOL!!!

Driving analogy: Who cares if a car or country has Left or Right hand drive, two or four door, or uses gas or diesel fuel. I know how to drive and adjust to the vehicle and road conditions.

Appliance STBs only give one choice. Love it or leave it. Each time you buy a new appliance STB, you learn a new remote and button assignments that the developer mandates. The beauty of E2 is that the user is able to swap between the image defaults or create something that is totally their own liking. Get a new E2 STB or trying a new image? Set-up the image and skin so it is the same displayed GUI and /or RCU preferences as with the previous E2 image and / or STB.

Why insist that each image has the same default RCU or displayed GUI? Image teams develop the GUI and RCU as they see it fit their users needs and wants. If you have different preferences, change it...

I prefer the TNAP default RCU configuration over the default PURE2, but that is simply my preference. The PURE2 RCU default was not to my liking, so I changed a few of the assignments. For example, I prefer the Neutrino setting for the NAV arrows.

Four multiboot slots are available with the OS Mio 4K. Fill them up, reuse them and explore! :)

Hilarious thought came up. Sit at a Wendy's at an Enterprise close to an Intl. air terminal. Watch how many of those right hand drivers flip the same old turn signal lever down to go left, hit the same old gas pedal on the right side of the floor. And enter the "wrong" lane. Shortly afterwards slamming the brake pedal that's right in the middle of the floor to drive into the dividing lane when they realize THEY'RE on the wrong side of the road. Getting horn blasted by the other drivers slamming their palms down on the horn button that is in the middle of the steering wheel (unless you have an old Torino or Pontiac). And they blast back the same way. With middle fingers pointing up both ways, located in the same place on their hands.
It's just a conversation at this point.
"For that feel of your original flash, try the TNAP RCU layout".
"Neutrino will probably be easier until you get used to the new interface".
Those suggestions (or personal views) would get people on their way. The average Joe wants Taco Bell to go down, not up when they press the magic silver lever. In England you would find yourself pulling on a chain. And everybody knows that pulling a chain is tons easier than pushing it. Lol!
Car and Linux analogies don't mix. 16 year old Throckmorton comes home after you lent him the 440 6-Pak and it's on the back of a tow truck all crumpled up. You aint-a-gonna lift the hood, press the horn button, and hook up the battery terminal and dream she's Christine.
I kill me sometimes. Thanks Brian!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts