This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

PYLE PRO 140 AMP

wildfrahm

Original poster
May 25, 2023
Virginia
GOOD EVENING, I amt trying to use my MacBook Pro as the signal for my amp. a PYLE PRO 140, I USED TO POWER THE SKEAKERS IN A BAR I owned prior to the pandemic from a jukebox, Can I and how do I do this.

How much are you willing to spend? If you can find an AirPort Express (or a 2nd or 3rd generation AppleTV), you can connect the 3.5 mm output from it to your PylePro for a wireless solution. A lower fidelity solution would be a Bluetooth receiver you would plug into your Amp, but that might have a distance limitation. Since this amplifier is 2x700 Watts, I am making the assumption that you’re intending to use it in a large space and may not have the MacBook Pro in close proximity to the amplifier.

If you want high-quality direct-connect audio, an AudioQuest DragonFly USB to 3.5 mm stereo dongle is going to give the cleanest audio possible from your Mac.

thank you for reply, i have a 3.5 mm to stereo RCA that i plug into headphone jack on MacBook to input on amp, maybe i need sum to female 3.5 to plug my dongle i have into. And i have the amp latterly right beside my MacBook, it is normally always there, i have a iPad that i use around the house etc. I do computers and my MacBook Pro is souped up.

Reactions: Foxbat
Your 3.5 mm stereo plug to L/R RCA cable should do the trick plugged into your MacBook Pro’s headphone jack. Are you not getting any audio from the MacBook?

I used to test the stereo plug by lightly touching the tip of the plug with my finger, this usually generates a lot of hum. If you’re not getting any sound, you could have a bad cable or the Amp may have an issue.

I did a quick Google of the PylePro, but didn’t look at the available inputs. Pro equipment usually has balanced XLR inputs which you wouldn’t be able to feed from the MacBook without a balun or active component.

yes it has balanced inputs, almost sure, it has a left/right RCA and a channel 1 and channel 2 pro connector. and at top it says balanced inputs

yes it has balanced inputs, almost sure, it has a left/right RCA and a channel 1 and channel 2 pro connector. and at top it says balanced inputs
Okay, maybe something like this then:

I think your best bet would be a Behringer UCA202/222 DAC. 30 bucks, plug and play.
Several people I turned them on to are very satisfied for the price.