PYLE PRO 140 AMP

wildfrahm

Original poster
May 25, 2023
Virginia
GOOD EVENING, I amt trying to use my MacBook Pro as the signal for my amp. a PYLE PRO 140, I USED TO POWER THE SKEAKERS IN A BAR I owned prior to the pandemic from a jukebox, Can I and how do I do this.

How much are you willing to spend? If you can find an AirPort Express (or a 2nd or 3rd generation AppleTV), you can connect the 3.5 mm output from it to your PylePro for a wireless solution. A lower fidelity solution would be a Bluetooth receiver you would plug into your Amp, but that might have a distance limitation. Since this amplifier is 2x700 Watts, I am making the assumption that you’re intending to use it in a large space and may not have the MacBook Pro in close proximity to the amplifier.

If you want high-quality direct-connect audio, an AudioQuest DragonFly USB to 3.5 mm stereo dongle is going to give the cleanest audio possible from your Mac.

How much are you willing to spend? If you can find an AirPort Express (or a 2nd or 3rd generation AppleTV), you can connect the 3.5 mm output from it to your PylePro for a wireless solution. A lower fidelity solution would be a Bluetooth receiver you would plug into your Amp, but that might have a distance limitation. Since this amplifier is 2x700 Watts, I am making the assumption that you’re intending to use it in a large space and may not have the MacBook Pro in close proximity to the amplifier.

If you want high-quality direct-connect audio, an AudioQuest DragonFly USB to 3.5 mm stereo dongle is going to give the cleanest audio possible from your Mac.
thank you for reply, i have a 3.5 mm to stereo RCA that i plug into headphone jack on MacBook to input on amp, maybe i need sum to female 3.5 to plug my dongle i have into. And i have the amp latterly right beside my MacBook, it is normally always there, i have a iPad that i use around the house etc. I do computers and my MacBook Pro is souped up.
IMG_1082.jpeg

Reactions: Foxbat
Your 3.5 mm stereo plug to L/R RCA cable should do the trick plugged into your MacBook Pro’s headphone jack. Are you not getting any audio from the MacBook?

I used to test the stereo plug by lightly touching the tip of the plug with my finger, this usually generates a lot of hum. If you’re not getting any sound, you could have a bad cable or the Amp may have an issue.

I did a quick Google of the PylePro, but didn’t look at the available inputs. Pro equipment usually has balanced XLR inputs which you wouldn’t be able to feed from the MacBook without a balun or active component.

Your 3.5 mm stereo plug to L/R RCA cable should do the trick plugged into your MacBook Pro’s headphone jack. Are you not getting any audio from the MacBook?

I used to test the stereo plug by lightly touching the tip of the plug with my finger, this usually generates a lot of hum. If you’re not getting any sound, you could have a bad cable or the Amp may have an issue.

I did a quick Google of the PylePro, but didn’t look at the available inputs. Pro equipment usually has balanced XLR inputs which you wouldn’t be able to feed from the MacBook without a balun or active component.
yes it has balanced inputs, almost sure, it has a left/right RCA and a channel 1 and channel 2 pro connector. and at top it says balanced inputs

yes it has balanced inputs, almost sure, it has a left/right RCA and a channel 1 and channel 2 pro connector. and at top it says balanced inputs
:thumbup Okay, maybe something like this then:
hosa_technology_hmx_003y_1_8_stereo_mini_to_1237751.jpg

I think your best bet would be a Behringer UCA202/222 DAC. 30 bucks, plug and play.
Several people I turned them on to are very satisfied for the price.