QPH-031 setup/ switching

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I am curious as to whether a 22khz switch is supposed to work with these units. I tried this the other day and couldn't seem to get it to work. I put L on one port and C on the other and fed it into my diseqc 4-1. If I cannot set it up this way I will need to get an 8-1 switch which I would rather not do.

I have the same lnb , switched with an Ecoda 22khz switch, and the setup works fine. It should work with the Diseqc switch just fine also, since I've used my Universal lnbf with a Diseqc switch.
First, I'd take out the Diseqc switch and make sure your 22khz switch is switching from the linear to the circular side, then add the Diseqc switch back into the mix. Try all the Diseqc switch ports, maybe one of them is dead. ?
As an aside, I find the Digiwave 8x1 switches are more robust than the Diseqc 4x1 switches. You may want to consider and 8x1, anyway. :)

Ya last time I tried at some point port 1 blew on my 4 into 1 but now I have a new 4 into 1 so we will see how it goes.

what you have described should work,

just use process of elimination....

connect receiver cable directly to lnb ports (one at a time)....do they all work?

if so, connect the 22khz switch to an "L" and a "C" port....do they both work?

if so, connect the diseqc switch....pretty easy to find what the problem is using these simple steps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)