QQ-Box USB DVB-S Tuner - Unknown Device?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mike-

LME is a fabless VLIC enterprise with connections to the local university. The LME 2510C is a rock solid product. Unfortunetly the driver and Sharp tuner are a different story.
In Shenzhen,China there are many electronics firms that are doing their best to survive in this economy. The Factory that makes the QQ Box most likely makes the Q BoxII. However, I have been told the the Q BoxII designers? are a group of four people and may have copied someone elses design.

I would like to see pics of the inside of the Q BoxII and identity of chipset.

I'm migrating to Linux. Had enough with all the Windows crap.

What is the problem with windows?

The QQbox seems to start up really slow, at least in DD. Not really a problem but it is a bit odd. Also, having to select the Device, as I pictured above, is something that I do not need to do with my other tuners.

I have it running with media center now with no switch, I will see how the QQ reliability is in win7 32 over the next days.

Last edited:
Adam, do you know if QQ box will work with Dish network? I have Dish 500+ and got 110, 119 and 118 satellite. I just bought this QQ box and reading your post and playing with it but still no Pic. Windows 7 and XP, no issue with the driver but no picture..

Adam, do you know if QQ box will work with Dish network? I have Dish 500+ and got 110, 119 and 118 satellite. I just bought this QQ box and reading your post and playing with it but still no Pic. Windows 7 and XP, no issue with the driver but no picture..

Welcome-

When I connected the QQ Box to a Dish 500 direct to the 119 lnbf, I experienced a fault condition that the driver created hi current in the box. I suggest you try all the different lnbf circular/legacy settings in BlazeDTV. You might find a setting that works. Now that Ion,nasa and Angel are N3 you wont see anything. Better to use it for FTA with a 36" dish.

Thanks for your reply, I will play with the blazedtv settings. I am also interested in FTA which I never had before. I don't know which dish I need, switches, lnbf...ect..

Thanks for your reply, I will play with the blazedtv settings. I am also interested in FTA which I never had before. I don't know which dish I need, switches, lnbf...ect..

Start out looking in your community for a Primestar oval dish. They are very good and you can often get them free. Another source is shut down businesses with 1 meter POS dishes on their roof.
A 90 cm offset dish will give you good service for Ku and even a little of c band if you search the site for mini bud you'll find more info.
Go with a Standard Linear LNBF from our sponsors or EbAY.

BlazeDTV Manual

The attached manual has a very good section on BlazeDTV software.

Attachments

• Match Box Manual.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 894
Adam, finally I got this QQ box working with only Blazedtv. Sat is locked and signal streangth is good and found 21 channels on 110 sat. But there is no Picture in blazedtv, channels shows green around their box. Is there any Codec do I need. Anyone have this problem?

Adam, finally I got this QQ box working with only Blazedtv. Sat is locked and signal streangth is good and found 21 channels on 110 sat. But there is no Picture in blazedtv, channels shows green around their box. Is there any Codec do I need. Anyone have this problem?

Well, I don't have enough information about what you are doing. What; dish, lnbf, OS....etc.

Of course you know you won't see any video on the scrambled dish network channels.

Ok..make sense...I will be looking for primestar dish as you suggested. I think 36 inches dish should be ok for the KU . Thanks for the info..

I tried 2 QQbox on win7 and it is impossible. The driver sucks hotdogs.
Other problems are the slow startup time for the QQbox in DVBdream and the BDA driver confusion it causes in media center when configuring.

Another QQbox problem is that it just wont tune some channels. The signal is fine and I disabled all switching. Other tuners work fine but QQ just cant tune many channels, seems to be aprox 1/7 that wont work. It looks like it has a marginal signal because it squelches and sometimes gives a flash of the picture.

Last edited:
Hi Guys

i am from Turkey. I bought this 2 months ago and tried to run on 32 bit xp but i failure. And then i updated its driver and have a sound. I use progdvb, last version. After that i changed the video encoder and gain video picture. It is works but this product is bad especially sharp tuner but cheap. One time my system is fault because of this. Thanks God i have a image(with nortonghost) and i set up my xp again easily.

Finally thanks your advice and also sharing.

I received the BSOD a few times as well. And when media center is doing the tuner check, if you use DVBlink you need to unplug the tuner right before you cancel the tuner detection . . or it will hang.

After spending some time trying to watch DVB with the QQbox, there are constant picture breakups and audio squelches. The appearance and the price of the QQbox is great but it is not really of any use in function. Maybe the one I am using is bad?

Hi Mike-

It could be a bad unit.
They are working on a new driver for windows and one for linux.
There current driver does bsod windows alot and does not reset the tuner sometimes.

Hi Mike-

It could be a bad unit.
They are working on a new driver for windows and one for linux.
There current driver does bsod windows alot and does not reset the tuner sometimes.

Is it confirmed they're working on a Linux driver? I've seen plenty of suggestions they may work on a Linux driver or are considering it (although they seem to have been considering it for a rather long time) but never that they've stated they are working on a Linux driver.

If they are that would be cool. While I'm not a big Linux fan myself, having that flexibility would be useful for a variety of reasons. I don't actually own a QQ Box yet, but the very cheap price particularly for a USB device and given that I don't live in Germany (where people are selling DVB-S cards and boxes all the time on Ebay) makes it very tempting. The somewhat questionable driver quality and the lack of Linux support have been two factors that make me think twice. I don't know whether they'd ever resolve the first one but Linux support would be good.

Edit:
LME said they will be releasing a Linux driver for QQ Box. DISEqC 1.2 may work in this new driver. Chinese New Year holiday has ended now and they will be coming back to work.
Seems I missed this post, good to hear!

Last edited:
I asked about your QQ-box here in Shenzhen. I have reply from Q-box producer:

Stephan,
QQ-Box is appearance and tooling clone of QBox from some garbage companies, the chip and circuit inside is different.

As I understand, this is real clone from clone-makers. This is not OEM product from Prof, TBS or DVBWorld.

Good luck!

The product discussed in this thread is a very popular low cost DVB-S Sat USB Tuner QQ-Box, based on a unique chipset from LME. It has nothing in common with TBS made Q-Box, except some appearance similarities typical for most USB sat tuners.

I don't know, why a Prof rep would start bashing without invitation a very popular product of another company in good face, and comparing it to a totally different product Q-Box made by TBS, which conceals the chipsets used in it. Since Prof buys wholesale all their products from TBS - a competitor of QQ-Box maker, it sounds very fishy. Would you list here the chipsets used in TBS-made Q-Box? This is the first time on this forum someone claiming to represent a Sat Card maker started bashing their supplier competitor's product.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nfusion receiver doa

How many 'steps' in one degree of movement?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts