Question 4u MR.ICE, how good of a signal can I get at 99w with 1m ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK my Winegard 1m dish model 3101 will not fit the CBAND RING that I purchased from WS

LNB arm will not go into the bottom part of the RING as its almost the same width. (see image #1)

I have attached 4 images, which consist of:

1) Shows that the LNB RING will not fit into the LNB ARM the normal way.
2) The Winegard 1m LNB arm with twin holes that hold the supporting arms.
3) How the CBAND LNB Ring would look sitting on the very top of the LNB ARM
4) Picture of the LNB RING from WS Int.

If I do the #3 and mount the LNB RING on the top of the LNB ARM will it affect my overall signal at all? And would have to make a hole to support it.

suggestions? or perhaps someone with the same exact dish and same conical setup?

Attachments

• DSC00798.JPG
    DSC00798.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC00797.JPG
    DSC00797.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC00796.JPG
    DSC00796.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 158
  • WSKU2C-KIT-3.JPG
    WSKU2C-KIT-3.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 178
you can try it on top of there or even below it. When working with a smaller dish I know my elevation was off on C-Band. When I worked with the Primestar dish the elevation had to be about 4 degrees higher

I would try below the arm if all possible. On the 1.2m dish the bracket fits below the arm

you can try it on top of there or even below it. When working with a smaller dish I know my elevation was off on C-Band. When I worked with the Primestar dish the elevation had to be about 4 degrees higher

I would try below the arm if all possible. On the 1.2m dish the bracket fits below the arm

Problem is that it will not go under since the ARM is bigger width then the RING itself (Pic #1) so I saw the only option been on top

I wonder if you put maybe a 1x2 underneath it and attach the bracket to that..since the lNB can move in farther as long as its the same height as it should be the lNB can be pushed in farther

very crude drawing but hat is what I would try...putting a piece of wood between the two to hold it together

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 166
I wonder if you put maybe a 1x2 underneath it and attach the bracket to that..since the lNB can move in farther as long as its the same height as it should be the lNB can be pushed in farther

very crude drawing but hat is what I would try...putting a piece of wood between the two to hold it together

OK that is something to try. Excellent suggestion. :up

Well I came up with something better then a piece of wood. In my garage I found a piece of metal that who know what it was for hehe and seemed like a nice fit for the RING. Just need to drill the 2 holes so it can be held firmly on the arm.

Here is some pictures, let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• DSC00803.JPG
    DSC00803.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC00802.JPG
    DSC00802.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC00799.JPG
    DSC00799.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 188
that should work...just push the LNB in farther towards the dish about an inch or so to help compensate for the farther out focal length

Update: mounted the whole kit, used a hose clamp to tighten the metal that holds the RING (no drilling at all). After my late dinner I will see if I can pickup some Cband tonight.

Attachments

• DSC00809.JPG
    DSC00809.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC00808.JPG
    DSC00808.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC00807.JPG
    DSC00807.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC00806.JPG
    DSC00806.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC00805.JPG
    DSC00805.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC00804.JPG
    DSC00804.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 167
Could not have done it better myself. :up

I think this will work fine. As Iceberg mentioned earlier, make sure you move the LNBF forward to compensate for moving back the focal distance. Besides that, you should be good to go.

What's impressive is there were no additional holes drilled in any of the hardware! If you decide to keep it permanent, I'd put the metal bar on the inside of the tube and go ahead and drill 2 holes through it and use nuts and bolts to tighten it.

Galaxy 16 TP 3735V (picture #1)

Comes in at 72% with 1m dish. Some of the DVB-S ABC channels in the 40-50%
The 4 locals from Caribbean at high 20's (wont lock) Might need some tweaking around. Dont even know if pallet is 100% leveled too.

Satmex 5 TP 3863 results with and w/o conical installed.

W/o conical picture #2 40% PQ

With conical picture #3 69% to 71% (great improvement)

Attachments

• DSC00814.JPG
    DSC00814.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC00810.JPG
    DSC00810.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC00811.JPG
    DSC00811.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 194
Could not have done it better myself. :up

I think this will work fine. As Iceberg mentioned earlier, make sure you move the LNBF forward to compensate for moving back the focal distance. Besides that, you should be good to go.

What's impressive is there were no additional holes drilled in any of the hardware! If you decide to keep it permanent, I'd put the metal bar on the inside of the tube and go ahead and drill 2 holes through it and use nuts and bolts to tighten it.

Thanks Robby for taking the time to follow my link here.. hehe. Looks like it will work with the 1m dish. My next mission is the 1.2m I have but it takes a pole of 3" which I need to fabricate and or find.

Question, on your own 1.2m dish.. what size pole does it take?

waste not, want not:

do u sell just the mount? I can use it for my own 1.2m that requires the 3"
. . . uhhhhh . . . yea . . . Ship Pro96 the mount.
And just so it doesn't go to waste, you can send me the dish. :rolleyes:
I was about to call up and order the DMX741 + scalar kit anyway.
You can just pack 'em all together. - :D

N/p Robby thought I'd ask. Will you PM the price shipped to 91406 (complete 1.2m dish setup) BTW: My zip is a commercial address. Thx

Galaxy 16 TP 3735V (picture #1)

Comes in at 72% with 1m dish. Some of the DVB-S ABC channels in the 40-50%
The 4 locals from Caribbean at high 20's (wont lock) Might need some tweaking around. Dont even know if pallet is 100% leveled too.

Satmex 5 TP 3863 results with and w/o conical installed.

W/o conical picture #2 40% PQ

With conical picture #3 69% to 71% (great improvement)

very friggin cool :) Nice pics too

WAPA Puerto Rico is very strong. Can you get anything else off G16?

I would also try G23 at 121W for Sports time Ohio and Sportsman Network

very friggin cool :) Nice pics too

I would also try G23 at 121W for Sports time Ohio and Sportsman Network

Yups very cool indeed. I will test other sats tonight after the Laker game tho.. hehe.

Yes Wapa is super strong. I did check the ABC channels that are DVB-S and had PQ at around 40-45%. The LESEA channels were kinda strong too at around 50%. My network TV were mid 30's to upper 30's. Like I mention maybe the pallet was not sitting 100% flat on the ground. All these tests were done between 9pm to 11pm and a bit chilly here in socal, mid to upper 50's.

Unfortunately they all come pre-packaged in 1 box.... so we can't sell them seperately. :(
Wow, all-foam insert! That's one heck of a package!
It might actually survive the sometimes indelicate shippers!

....between 9pm to 11pm and a bit chilly here in socal, mid to upper 50's.
Don't rub it in: they'lll all want to move out here! (my low has been more like 60)
And keep quiet that no matter what time of year, there are no bugs to bite us. - :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)