Question about AM21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
additonal info

The issue with 13 is it is licensed to Mt Vernon, IL and their main coverage barely clips St Louis (the tower is SE of Highland, IL)
see here
RabbitEars.Info

They have a translator on 51 which covers all of St Louis proper but they dont have RTV on the 2nd channel. Just Daystar
RabbitEars.Info

edit: more info
It looks like there is a 16 that has RTV covering St Louis proper
RabbitEars.Info

Are you able to get the low powered stations like 7 (RF36), 16, 38 and 51?
RabbitEars.Info

I also get channels 7-1,2,3 and 4 which is junk channels and I get channels 51 ota through TV.I'll put in MT.Vernons zip to see if I get it maybe :) ty for additional info ice :)

I dont think putting in Mt Vernon's zip will help. You mentioned on the HR24 it showed but not on the HR34. That takes it back to the "no signal no logging the channel"

so reading back some posts you mentioned you got 7-1,2,3,4. Is that through the AM21 or just the TV?

What stations show up in the AM21? (just the 1st number is fine....if you get 2-1 as example then obviously 2-2 works too) when you enter your zip?

Through the TV and also got it through that AM21 but 7-1 is HSN,7-2 is a religious channel,7-3 and 7-4 just have bars on must be getting ready to add stuff on those channels....Channels I get with 2-1,2-2,4-1,4-2,5-1,5-2,7-1 through 7-4,9-1 through 9-4,11-1,11-2,30-1,30-2.30-3,46-1 and 46-2.The only ones I am not getting are 13-1,13-2,24-1 and 24-2 the 24-1 and 24-2 I don't really care for nothing but religious talking but would like to get 13-1 and 13-2 ICE I may buy new antenna any ideas in a good antenna? Thank You for the help you have given me :)

Last edited:
what kind of antenna you using right now?

The fact that signal (13) is east of you and St Louis is barely in the pickup zone you would have to go with an outdoor antenna to get it
Can you get 16? That looks like a RTV translator that covers St Louis

Inside power antenna that on TV I am able to get all channels easier but will play with it and see if I can get those channels but with AM21 it is a little harder but I keep playing with it by turning it signal meter is getting stronger :) I also have the Converter Box hooked up to it when they gave them out :)

Last edited:
it wouldnt have to be on the roof. The fact an indoor one works ok once you get it outside the reception will usually be better as it has nothing to "block" the signal

I had my antenna mounted on the deck for a few years. If you have a deck or patio you can tripod mount it on there.

it wouldnt have to be on the roof. The fact an indoor one works ok once you get it outside the reception will usually be better as it has nothing to "block" the signal

I had my antenna mounted on the deck for a few years. If you have a deck or patio you can tripod mount it on there.

Thanks ice I have an upstairs where i can step out or stay inside and put it on smaller roof :) The indoor one works great on TV getting all the channels but AM21 I can't get all channels.I keep on trying and getting signal on most channels in the 90's so I have gotten the signal stronger saince last night :)

The AM21 tuner isnt as sensitive as a TV one is. My 5 year old Panny plasma's tuner is pretty good (better than the AM21)

Thanks ice I have an upstairs where i can step out or stay inside and put it on smaller roof :)

if you can get an antenna outside that would help. I guess the only thing then is running the cable.

Stupid idea.....what happens if you put the indoor antenna outside there? Or is the receiver nowhere near that?

by the way last night I confirmed what I thought all along with the HR34
no signal equals no logging of the channels

I hooked up my antenna for Mankato (72 miles down the road) last night to the HR34 and plugged in that zip code. It showed a bunch of the Minneapolis stations in the list (since I'm only 30 miles away) but not all of them. The weaker religious stations didnt show (because the antenna is aimed 180 degrees opposite direction) and KEYC12 (the Mankato station) was gone because they sign off at night.

This morning I reran it and KEYC showed back up

by the way last night I confirmed what I thought all along with the HR34
no signal equals no logging of the channels

I hooked up my antenna for Mankato (72 miles down the road) last night to the HR34 and plugged in that zip code. It showed a bunch of the Minneapolis stations in the list (since I'm only 30 miles away) but not all of them. The weaker religious stations didnt show (because the antenna is aimed 180 degrees opposite direction) and KEYC12 (the Mankato station) was gone because they sign off at night.

This morning I reran it and KEYC showed back up

Thanks and I keep on trying by turning antenna and moving it around and getting signal on most channels in the 90's so I have gotten the signal stronger since last night :)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts