Question about AM21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you hook it to the HR24 it wont have the last few then. Since the HR24 works only off the database you'd miss a few stations

Thanks makes the decision easier now though I am showing the channels you posted before on my HR24-200.I may put on HR34 1st then on HR24 later :) Thanks Ice I really appreciate it very much for your help :)

including the ones that have to be "scanned" in?

2-2 Antenna TV
30-2 CoolTV
30-3 Country
46-2 MeTV

Yes except the 30-2 and 30-3 those are the only 2 not showing on my HR24-200 the other 2 are 2-2 and 46-2 :)

I received my AM21 today(Thursday) hooked up to the HR34 and only channels I can't get is 13-1,13-2,24-1,24-2. 46-1 and 46-2 but when i tried it on HR24-200 I was able to get the channels.ty ice for all your help I will keep trying to get rest of channels. :)

I received my AM21 today(Thursday) hooked up to the HR34 and only channels I can't get is 13-1,13-2,24-1,24-2. 46-1 and 46-2 but when i tried it on HR24-200 I was able to get the channels.ty ice for all your help I will keep trying to get rest of channels. :)

what do you mean you cant get them?
They dont show in the guide?
you can't get a signal on them?

The HR34 should scan them in but most of those are in the database

what do you mean you cant get them?
They dont show in the guide?
you can't get a signal on them?

The HR34 should scan them in but most of those are in the database

They don't show in guide and I have scanned and rescanned quite a few times and I really appreciate all the help :)

Last edited:
Easiest question...do you have the guide set to "ALL"?
What happens if you type in 46-1?

When you go into the edit settings (when you are in the setup screen its the 3rd one in the list...1st is initial setup and 2nd is reset) does it show the channels in there (where you can select a channel to remove it from the list)

if not you can try this
-do the rest settings (2nd one on the list)....it will redownload the guide
-do an initial setup again but if you live in a suburb try and use a downtown St Louis Zip like 63101

One thing to note is if the station is not in the database and you can't get a good enough signal it will not scan it in. I'm also thinking with the HR34 if it can't finds it period it wont load. I have a 2nd zip loaded in mine (for the neighboring market) and if I don't have that antenna hooked up even though both stations are in the database it wont load

On the HR24 if it shows those stations can you tune them and do they come in?

Easiest question...do you have the guide set to "ALL"?
What happens if you type in 46-1?

When you go into the edit settings (when you are in the setup screen its the 3rd one in the list...1st is initial setup and 2nd is reset) does it show the channels in there (where you can select a channel to remove it from the list)

if not you can try this
-do the rest settings (2nd one on the list)....it will redownload the guide
-do an initial setup again but if you live in a suburb try and use a downtown St Louis Zip like 63101

One thing to note is if the station is not in the database and you can't get a good enough signal it will not scan it in. I'm also thinking with the HR34 if it can't finds it period it wont load. I have a 2nd zip loaded in mine (for the neighboring market) and if I don't have that antenna hooked up even though both stations are in the database it wont load

On the HR24 if it shows those stations can you tune them and do they come in?

yes set to all.......I type it goes to 46....i tried reset setiing and channel doesn't show in there ...on HR24 the channels came on :) I will try again and put in secondary one to see if it comes up :)

Last edited:
wait...if you type in 46-1 it actually goes to the off air version and not the satellite version?

If you have a favorite set up and they dont show in the guide what happens when you type in say 46-2? Does it show the channel?

wait...if you type in 46-1 it actually goes to the off air version and not the satellite version?

If you have a favorite set up and they dont show in the guide what happens when you type in say 46-2? Does it show the channel?

Yes goes to satellite version and 46-2 does same thing goes to channel 46 satellite channel

something doesnt make sense then because if you type in a OTA channel and it isnt there it should say "channel not found" and not go to the satellite version

just seems weird that it is not loading channels that are in the database

something doesnt make sense then because if you type in a OTA channel and it isnt there it should say "channel not found" and not go to the satellite version

just seems weird that it is not loading channels that are in the database

Yes me also but I will keep trying and thanks for all your help :)

I restarted the HR34 and I receive all channels except 13-1,13-2,24-1 and 24-2 :) I got the 46-1 and 46-2 now :)

can you pick them up normally OTA?
(like through your TV)

If not that may be why they dont show on the HR34

can you pick them up normally OTA?
(like through your TV)

If not that may be why they dont show on the HR34

Yes i normally can pick them up OTA through TV but hard sometimes have to adjust antenna or I need a stronger antenna maybe :) I adjusted antenna a little when restarted HR34 and when it came up I went through initial setup and got channels 46-1 and 46-2 but not 13-1,13-2,24-1 and 24-2 :) i would like to get the 13-1 and 13-2 but the 24 is nothing but religious channels so that doesn't bother me but i will keep trying :)

Last edited:
that is probably it. This is just a wild thought (thinking outside the box)

the HR24 loads the database regardless if you can get the channels or not. Here in Minneapolis the market is HUGE and when I had my R22 it would load the PBS stations from Brainerd (125 miles away) and the CBS from Bemidji (200 miles away) because they are technically in the Minneapolis market
When I added the AM21 to the HR34 those channels do not show in the list at all.

This also goes back to the other point when I added my secondary market (Mankato) since the antenna wasnt hooked up even though they are in the database it didnt load those.

So because you aren't getting a good enough signal the HR34 won't log those channels (even if they are in the database)
You may need a stronger antenna

that is probably it. This is just a wild thought (thinking outside the box)

the HR24 loads the database regardless if you can get the channels or not. Here in Minneapolis the market is HUGE and when I had my R22 it would load the PBS stations from Brainerd (125 miles away) and the CBS from Bemidji (200 miles away) because they are technically in the Minneapolis market
When I added the AM21 to the HR34 those channels do not show in the list at all.

This also goes back to the other point when I added my secondary market (Mankato) since the antenna wasnt hooked up even though they are in the database it didnt load those.

So because you aren't getting a good enough signal the HR34 won't log those channels (even if they are in the database)
You may need a stronger antenna

That'a what i started to think earlier but will continue to mess with it and am considering getting stronger antenna.Thank you very much for your help ice I appreciate so much :)

additonal info

The issue with 13 is it is licensed to Mt Vernon, IL and their main coverage barely clips St Louis (the tower is SE of Highland, IL)
see here
RabbitEars.Info

They have a translator on 51 which covers all of St Louis proper but they dont have RTV on the 2nd channel. Just Daystar
RabbitEars.Info

edit: more info
It looks like there is a 16 that has RTV covering St Louis proper
http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.php?appid=1478335&map=Y

Are you able to get the low powered stations like 7 (RF36), 16, 38 and 51?
http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?request=station_search&callsign=kdtl#station

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts