Question about channel issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Solid for 2 hours that I watched. Now I'm watching then bud on H2H. :) Chinese skimped on the solider on the DTV box.

gee so it was the receiver :rolleyes:

All you had to call was call D* and they would have sent you a replacement. Tell them the unit wont power up ;)

I didn't feel like dealing with Direct for a CSJ on the PCB so I cracked it open and fixed it. The D-11 is a better receiver IMHO than the D-12. That last D-12 was a joke. Don't have time to mess with musical receivers again. The F connector to the tuner PCB was where the problem was.

Well the problem came back today so I checked everything else in the system again (even swapped dishes & LNBF). So the receiver has more issues inside. I ordered a replacement. I had to fight tooth and nail to get it ordered and wave shipping. Finally a supervisor took care of me. They are sending out a D-12. I hope its better than the last D-12 or Direct will be out of here for good.(I'm really frustrated) The problem is now starting to affect other channels too. Saw it acting up on Boomerang. Lets face facts the receivers are junk and have no longevity unlike the 4DTV's.

Well the problem came back today so I checked everything else in the system again (even swapped dishes & LNBF). So the receiver has more issues inside. I ordered a replacement. I had to fight tooth and nail to get it ordered and wave shipping. Finally a supervisor took care of me. They are sending out a D-12. I hope its better than the last D-12 or Direct will be out of here for good.(I'm really frustrated) The problem is now starting to affect other channels too. Saw it acting up on Boomerang. Lets face facts the receivers are junk and have no longevity unlike the 4DTV's.

Why not just upgrade to an HD receiver? You sure are wasting an HDTV by not having HD Programming. You can get an H25 for 100 from Solid Signal.

DIRECTV NEW H25 High Definition MPEG-4 Commercial Receiver (H-25) from Solid Signal

I am upgrading to true HD with FTA. Im getting a Coolsat 8100 soon. D* is not HD in the true sense. :rolleyes:

Over 17+ million folks would likely disagree. I have had all my units and dish for a very long time and had numerous friends and family and neighbors with the same experiences as me. But I do believe you getting out of DirecTV is for the best. Good luck.

I've been screwed since day one. When I got installed they brought out a referb receiver. The Supervisor said I should have got a NEW receiver with install. This could be why I'm having issues.

BTW I'm watching that shopping channel that is in the same mux that I get in my package ch 95. It's pixelating too. This problem is getting worse and worse. If I do decide to leave Direct tv for good still under contract they will not like the way I'll do it.:mad:

Last edited:
I've been screwed since day one. When I got installed they brought out a referb receiver. The Supervisor said I should have got a NEW receiver with install. This could be why I'm having issues.

BTW I'm watching that shopping channel that is in the same mux that I get in my package ch 95. It's pixelating too. This problem is getting worse and worse. If I do decide to leave Direct tv for good they will not like the way I'll do it.:mad:

Why not just buy a new receiver online?

BTW I'm watching that shopping channel that is in the same mux that I get in my package ch 95. It's pixelating too. This problem is getting worse and worse. If I do decide to leave Direct tv for good they will not like the way I'll do it.:mad:

What channels are you having pixalating on ?
If you have good signal strength on the transponers they are on you should not have issues.
The channel your having issues with is 95 ?
I haven't watch 95 since they went from Mpeg 2 to Mpeg 4, I don't know of WHAT might be on 95 now, probably some infomercial.

"Fine Art Showcase", that is pixalating for you ?

I don't watch it, but it's not pixalating here.

As for you getting screwed on your install, OK, the recvr you got, did it work ?
I have used MANY REFURBED units, matter of fact I have one that I've had for about 3 years now, working fine !
How long have you been with D* now ?

IF you decide to leave D*, What are you gonna do ?

Remember, your 1 person out of 17 million, they are gonna be shakin in thier boots, I can see it already.

Channel 300 it started on and its really bad today. 95 is in the same mux ask Iceberg. 298 was also showing sign of problems today signal levels are 96-98 on one dish 95 -96 on the smaller dish.

Channel 300 it started on and its really bad today. 95 is in the same mux ask Iceberg. 298 was also showing sign of problems today signal levels are 96-98 on one dish 95 -96 on the smaller dish.

So your SS is fine, is it happening on other peoples recvrs ?

I've had 95 on for awhile now, no issues yet, I'll try Boomerang for a bit.

I've been screwed since day one. When I got installed they brought out a referb receiver. The Supervisor said I should have got a NEW receiver with install. This could be why I'm having issues. :

when started with D* I got a refurb R15 that worked fine. I decided to get a R22 instead which kicks ass over the R15

Also you are not guaranteed any specific model when you get a receiver.

its the receiver....simple as that

Lets face facts the receivers are junk and have no longevity unlike the 4DTV's.

all electronics can have issues...that is a fact

Need I remind you of the numerous commercial units I have owned that have just crapped out for no reason? So gee I guess I can put those under the "4DTV units that died" yet you say you have no issues....so its a wash there

wiki says 14 years

4DTV technology was originally developed in 1997 by General Instrument, now the broadband division of Motorola

Lets get realistic, back in the day they used 35 volt rated parts on 12 volt circuits. These days they use 8 volt parts on a 12 volt circuit. This is to save money but anyone with an electronics degree will know thats not going to work for long. The old stuff was built better like the 4DTV its a fact of life.

It was hard to get Direct to send out another receiver. They said they don't send them out for pixelating problems. They wanted to charge me $49.95 to send a guy out and I told them to stick it. Then the second jerk wanted to charge me $19.95 for the receiver. These were both untenable. I finally told them I wanted to talk to a supervisor or retentions and they finally listened to me and worked with me. I hope the referbed D-12 they send out is good or they are going to keep sending out receivers at their expense till I get a good one. I'll add Direct to the list of fights I'm in right now from piss poor companies.

all you had to say was "the unit wont power on" and tell them the "stock things" you've done
-red button reboot
-unplugged and plugged back in
-tried the power button on the unit
-removed and put card back in

and it wont power on

Thats how I got them to replace my goodwill shop R15 with the spazzy IR sensor. Most CSR's read from a script or have very limited info to tell folks. That is why you have to stretch the truth with them :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)