Question About DTV's Website

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tds4182

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Kingwood,Texas
I went to DTV's website to drop a premium channel. When I tried to drop the channel, I got a "red letter" warning to call DTV and talk to a customer service representative.

I haven't been to the website for quite a while but I recall that you could drop premiums in the past as easily as you could add them.

Am I doing something wrong?

When did DTV change the site?

Thanks in advance!

How long has it been since that premium channel was added?
If you drop a premium channel less than 30 days after it's ordered, Directv will charge you $10. If it's dropped after the 30 day period, they will not charge you.
I ordered HBO on the 20th of December. About the 1st of February, I added Showtime and then dropped HBO at the same time. As far as I know there's no problem.

And not to be in your business, but what is your billing status? If it is past due they block online transactions after a certain point to force a call.

tds4182 said:
I haven't been to the website for quite a while but I recall that you could drop premiums in the past as easily as you could add them.

Yea, I know what you are speaking about, they put a stop to that not too long ago (sometime in the last quarter of 2005). Now, if you want to cancel before 30 days of activation of the package is up, there's a cancelation fee at the worst, or a call into D* at the best. :\

Last edited:
they also don't allow you to activate your own equipment online anymore, it only lets you buy new equipment now, or you have to call to activate equipment.

charper1 said:
And not to be in your business, but what is your billing status? If it is past due they block online transactions after a certain point to force a call.

My billing status is perfect-no past dues (ever) and I've had the premium I was trying to drop for the last 4 years.

Any other ideas?:rolleyes:

jimisham said:
How long has it been since that premium channel was added?
If you drop a premium channel less than 30 days after it's ordered, Directv will charge you $10. If it's dropped after the 30 day period, they will not charge you.
I ordered HBO on the 20th of December. About the 1st of February, I added Showtime and then dropped HBO at the same time. As far as I know there's no problem.

I've had the premium I was trying to drop for the past 4 years!:confused:

tds4182 said:
I've had the premium I was trying to drop for the past 4 years!:confused:

That is probably why you got the message to call them, they will most likely not charge you any kind of cancellation fee at all, but may try and retain your continued purchase of the package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts