Question about locals.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mpcool

Original poster
Aug 17, 2021
Wellston,Ohio
Does anyone know what arc eastern or western the Huntington/ Charleston WV, and Columbus OH locals are on? Also what satellite are these locals on?

I'm in Jackson County Ohio right next door to Pike County Ohio which gets Columbus locals on dish, would I be able to "move" to Columbus locals in HD? Or will I have to have my dish pointed in a different direction?

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I'm in Jackson County Ohio right next door to Pike County Ohio which gets Columbus locals on dish, would I be able to "move" to Columbus locals in HD? Or will I have to have my dish pointed in a different direction?
Because the WV locals are eastern arc only and Columbus locals are western arc only you can't 'move' without a dish point move and a new LNB.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you're currently only getting the Charleston/Huntington locals in SD on 129, then a move would get you the Columbus locals in HD. If you're getting the Charleston/Huntington locals in HD on 61.5, then as Bobby said, you'd need a repoint and western arc LNB. Dish would not do that for you...

Assuming you're currently on the eastern arc, then yes, a "move" to the Columbus DMA would drop your locals completely. There might be an independent installer that would be willing to do the LNB change and repoint for you, but finding one might be a little challenging. And that also assumes you have a clear view of the western arc sats of course.

I don't know what your housing situation is but have you thought about a OTA tower. You could get West Virginia stations and also Cincinnati stations. Is there a reason why you need Columbus stations?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts