Question about my 622 DVR

35LKSA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Eastern PA
I work out of my home. I generally have my TV on and the channel set to one of the Sirius music stations. It seems after a few hours (maybe 4 or 5) the receiver seems to go thru a reset. Picture goes out, receiver lights go out, disk spins up, it sits for a while, then I get the screen SEARCHING FOR SIGNAL. Then it works normal again. :rant:

I mean it is not a big deal as I'm just listening to music but I can't figure out why it is doing what it is doing.

I checked the IDLE timer and it is set for 4 hours. I increased it to 8. The software download preference is set to 3 AM.

Any ideas?

power supply most likely. like running things off of a generator, they blink off and on sooner or later

I work out of my home. I generally have my TV on and the channel set to one of the Sirius music stations. It seems after a few hours (maybe 4 or 5) the receiver seems to go thru a reset. Picture goes out, receiver lights go out, disk spins up, it sits for a while, then I get the screen SEARCHING FOR SIGNAL. Then it works normal again. :rant:

I mean it is not a big deal as I'm just listening to music but I can't figure out why it is doing what it is doing.

I checked the IDLE timer and it is set for 4 hours. I increased it to 8. The software download preference is set to 3 AM.

Any ideas?

Since you set it to 8 hours, does it stay on??

Could be your hard disk in the receiver getting ready to go bad. I had a 612 that did the same thing then one day the disk completely died.

Your 622 is probably over-heating. Put a small fan blowing on it and it will probably quit. Mine did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts