Question about PTAT shows that are saved, but also have recordings outside of PT

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Okay on my “moved” market of the Twin Cities, I’m saving the series recordings on all the NCIS shows that are currently airing on their CBS affiliate, WCCO. But on WCCO, they also play reruns on a couple of the NCIS shows that my Hopper 3 also records since I saved the series recordings on all the current NCIS shows for that specific channel. I haven’t gotten around to try it yet myself, but my curiosity question is is if AutuHop will work on any of the episodes recorded outside of prime time after the required 8 days? No they don’t air those NCIS shows reruns everyday as far as I know, so I know I still will have to wait 8 days after the episode if AutoHop works for such reruns. Anyways, I’m curious.

Okay on my “moved” market of the Twin Cities, I’m saving the series recordings on all the NCIS shows that are currently airing on their CBS affiliate, WCCO. But on WCCO, they also play reruns on a couple of the NCIS shows that my Hopper 3 also records since I saved the series recordings on all the current NCIS shows for that specific channel. I haven’t gotten around to try it yet myself, but my curiosity question is is if AutuHop will work on any of the episodes recorded outside of prime time after the required 8 days? No they don’t air those NCIS shows reruns everyday as far as I know, so I know I still will have to wait 8 days after the episode if AutoHop works for such reruns. Anyways, I’m curious.
No, the autohop will only work on shows recorded during the PTAT hours.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If it is a rerun of an episode that recently aired within the PTAT recording, then it should get AutoHop added, regardless of what time it was recorded or what channel it was recorded from. Someone posted years ago about getting AutoHop on certain specific reruns of shows like Shark Tank and Undercover Boss recorded from cable channels, after those same episodes had recently rerun on the broadcast networks in Prime Time. I don't remember seeing that Dish ever changed how that works, so the same principle should apply here. This is also how recordings from OTA channels, and even the All American Direct distant networks (when those were still a thing) were able to get AutoHop, even though they were not recorded from the local satellite-delivered affiliate during the prime time window. However, don't expect AutoHop to suddenly show up for older reruns, unless those same episodes get rerun again on the broadcast networks. The window to get the AutoHop flags for those older episodes has long since passed.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts