question about slaving a digicipher2 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
Can any one help me out. is there any way, and or value if having an old digicipher 2 receiver slaved to my mpeg2 receiver? I mean is it worth it if i have one given to me. Lynsat, shows some ku channels in digicipher 2 as free, any one with any luck? i am thinking G4R like good life network, and or AMC 3 PBS?
will it work?

I dont see why not....as long as the polarity is right it should work

What kind of receiver did you get?

currently using a SATWORK 3688 AND A FORTEC LIFETIME ULTRA, Someone just told me they had an old receiver i could have, don't know yet. haven't seen it.

A 4dtv will not work properly on a Ku only system. It needs to download channel maps, but can only do so from a c-band satellite.

mkm4 said:
A 4dtv will not work properly on a Ku only system. It needs to download channel maps, but can only do so from a c-band satellite.

damn
thats why the KU receiver I have won't download it then :(

question

Is there an alternate way to load channel map into the 4dtv receiver (via computer maybe)

Thanks

is there a particular sat that the 4dtv downloads its maps from?

neil_kc1 said:
Can any one help me out. is there any way, and or value if having an old digicipher 2 receiver slaved to my mpeg2 receiver? I mean is it worth it if i have one given to me. Lynsat, shows some ku channels in digicipher 2 as free, any one with any luck? i am thinking G4R like good life network, and or AMC 3 PBS?
will it work?

A 4dtv will not work, it must get the maps from Galaxy 10, now if you are getting a comercial DCII box it may work, but I think they are tough to use, and if you ever did want to purchase programming you will not be authorzed unless you are a cable company or small dish company, like I said not to sure if it will work, depending on the unit you pick up, I never really read up about the comercial boxes because I do not have one.

There is a way to get a 4dtv to work, if you have a buddy with a big dish ask him if you can load the maps onto the 4d, then go hook it up at your place, I think it will hold the memory for a while, not 100% sure.

got the receiver, it is an HTS Houston Tracker V, it called an Integrated, receiver, decoder, and positioner. seems to be in working order. About 1995 year. so i do not think it is 4d. gonna try it out soon.

neil_kc1 said:
it is an HTS Houston Tracker V, it called an Integrated, receiver, decoder, and positioner.....so i do not think it is 4d.

Just a note, that is a decent mid-range analog C/Ku IRD. 4DTV receivers are not a type, but are an actual brand/model that is or was made by motorala.

http://www.4dtv.com/

What about a DSR-410 for HITS, it is a Ku service therefore the Channel Maps should be Ku. Am I correct?

Wholeshoe

Wholeshoe said:
What about a DSR-410 for HITS, it is a Ku service therefore the Channel Maps should be Ku. Am I correct?

Wholeshoe

correct. (and no, I havent been able to get mine to work :)
I still get that dang "please wait while we process your request":

Wholeshoe said:

Wholeshoe

But you'll only get the maps for the HITS channels, then the box will still need to be authorized by a cable company.

And before anyone brings up Starchoice, you'll have the same problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)