Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
I must be missing something obvious - I need to Manually modify the AUD setting for several channels.

I know how to do this on my other receiver but can't seem to find any location to change this on the SonicView. Maybe you cannot change it manually.

BTW, I'm running firmware 4.43

Anyone know how?

The only way I know how to do this on the 8000 is while you're on the sat the channel is on Press Menu>Dish Setting>Transponder>Scroll to Tp the channel is on and select it>Hit blue button on remote to "Add PID">enter video, audio, and PCR numbers for the channel>exit and save.

I don't think there is any way to edit just the AUD alone. If there is, I haven't found it.

per the manual the button in the bottom left corner of remote lets you change the audio settings for multiple audio pids

Same Remote's button also allows to change from Regular Sound to AC3 Sound, and from English to broadcast in another language (i.e. to select a proper AUD) if such audio streams are present for a given channel. Another way to change (edit) AUD would be to upload a Channel List to USB Stick or one's PC via SV 8000HD Serial Port using a suitable Loader utility, edit the file in ChannelMaster, and then upload it back from the USB Stick or via Serial Port to the STB.

Last edited:
I just tried this and cannot get it to work

The only way I know how to do this on the 8000 is while you're on the sat the channel is on Press Menu>Dish Setting>Transponder>Scroll to Tp the channel is on and select it>Hit blue button on remote to "Add PID">enter video, audio, and PCR numbers for the channel>exit and save.

I don't think there is any way to edit just the AUD alone. If there is, I haven't found it.

What firmware version are you running?

I tried to change as you suggest but cannot then scan in the channel with that Video, Audio and PCR values. (Thanks, I had not found this option before)

I would like to change the AUD for the channel directly but I think you are right - - - I don't think it has that option.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts