Status
Please reply by conversation.

T_N_T

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
Hendersonville,TN
Hey guys,

just wondering if Directv does not blackout any games on the HD side of Sunday Ticket, because I am getting all the out of market games, plus the games that are being shown on my local stations here in Nashville(WZTV Fox 17 and WTVF CBS 5). Do they broadcast the HD locals on Sunday ticket in case your local does not broadcast in HD?

Hey guys,

just wondering if Directv does not blackout any games on the HD side of Sunday Ticket, because I am getting all the out of market games, plus the games that are being shown on my local stations here in Nashville(WZTV Fox 17 and WTVF CBS 5). Do they broadcast the HD locals on Sunday ticket in case your local does not broadcast in HD?

The HD side has been open for the last several years, but the SD side is blacked out for your local game.

We were curious when this first happened and we also are happy about it. :)

Jimbo

The HD side has been open for the last several years, but the SD side is blacked out for your local game.

We were curious when this first happened and we also are happy about it. :)

Jimbo

That is cool, plus the Sunday Ticket feed was better quality than my local, and five seconds ahead.

I think the only time you would get a blackout is if you are able to get it on your local affiliate station via satellite. However I may be wrong.

I think the only time you would get a blackout is if you are able to get it on your local affiliate station via satellite. However I may be wrong.

You are correct, for the SD channels, the HD channels are available to all that sub to the HD portion.

Jimbo

Side question, does Directv allocate a certain amount of bandwidth to the HD Sunday Ticket channels, because on the lower ones the picture look good all the time, but on the higher ones the picture looked pixalated(sometimes).

I have a related question that has never applied while I've been a ST subscriber...

What if the game is blacked out locally due to not being sold out? Will even the HD feed then be sold out?

It's looking more and more like the Vikes could end up with a couple blackouts this year...

crap guys! No no no....<---< Patriot fan, I have to watch their game this upcoming sunday on NBC...god NBC-HD its crappy, super crappy, not talking about DTV, NBC-HD just sucks in every aspect, pixelation is ******, I had same pixelation issues with Charter...when watching NBC-HD football games.
Solution 1: NBC stops broadcasting football games
Solution 2: NBC starts broadcasting football games in HD that do not pixelation too much.

crap guys! No no no....<---< Patriot fan, I have to watch their game this upcoming sunday on NBC...god NBC-HD its crappy, super crappy, not talking about DTV, NBC-HD just sucks in every aspect, pixelation is ******, I had same pixelation issues with Charter...when watching NBC-HD football games.
Solution 1: NBC stops broadcasting football games
Solution 2: NBC starts broadcasting football games in HD that do not pixelation too much.

That would be a NBC signal issue ....
Might try sending them an email so it can go in what I am sure is already a large pile of complaints to them.

Jimbo

Blackout Of Non Sold Out Games

This is just one data point. Two weeks ago the Falcons did not sell out. The game was blacked out on all local networks. It was also balcked out in my NFLST package on both the SD and HD channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)