Question about the exchange of 508 by 512.

I trust you more than reps on the phone MattG.I just wanted to say that there is some conflicting information going around.We were called about 6mos ago by dish and offered a 512 to replace the 501.This was as an upgrade and they wanted a new commitment.When I asked the rep about higher fees he said that yes the 512 would incur the higher fee.$10 instead of the grandfathered $7 fee.

I understand, and don't take it personally by any means. When the 501/508 receivers monthly fee increased (to $10, and they are now subject to a DVR fee), there was a 24 month credit issued to offset the increase in price. Since a 501/508/510/512 now all cost the same, there wouldn't be any change in the monthly rate by changing a 50X to a 512 because of the offsetting credit.

I understand, and don't take it personally by any means. When the 501/508 receivers monthly fee increased (to $10, and they are now subject to a DVR fee), there was a 24 month credit issued to offset the increase in price. Since a 501/508/510/512 now all cost the same, there wouldn't be any change in the monthly rate by changing a 50X to a 512 because of the offsetting credit.

Thanks for the explanation.Nice to know that you can switch from 501/508 to 512 and still get the credits.

Waving of the dvr fee was discontinued some time ago. All dvr receivers are charged.

There is an account level fee of $6 per account for accounts with a DVR. At one time we charged per DVR on the account, instead of the single fee per account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)