Question about the exchange of 508 by 512.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I trust you more than reps on the phone MattG.I just wanted to say that there is some conflicting information going around.We were called about 6mos ago by dish and offered a 512 to replace the 501.This was as an upgrade and they wanted a new commitment.When I asked the rep about higher fees he said that yes the 512 would incur the higher fee.$10 instead of the grandfathered $7 fee.

I understand, and don't take it personally by any means. When the 501/508 receivers monthly fee increased (to $10, and they are now subject to a DVR fee), there was a 24 month credit issued to offset the increase in price. Since a 501/508/510/512 now all cost the same, there wouldn't be any change in the monthly rate by changing a 50X to a 512 because of the offsetting credit.

I understand, and don't take it personally by any means. When the 501/508 receivers monthly fee increased (to $10, and they are now subject to a DVR fee), there was a 24 month credit issued to offset the increase in price. Since a 501/508/510/512 now all cost the same, there wouldn't be any change in the monthly rate by changing a 50X to a 512 because of the offsetting credit.

Thanks for the explanation.Nice to know that you can switch from 501/508 to 512 and still get the credits.

Waving of the dvr fee was discontinued some time ago. All dvr receivers are charged.

There is an account level fee of $6 per account for accounts with a DVR. At one time we charged per DVR on the account, instead of the single fee per account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)