Question about VOOM PSIP

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Sean or anyone else?

Our local CBS quite often has the PSIP generator go South, causing the channel to re-assign itself from the Parent mapped channel of 6-01 to it's native UHF channel of 40-01. What happens? Will the VOOM receiver still tune it in or am I SOL? :shocked

When this happens, my Dish 6000 reassigns the channel but will not tune it in. Other STB's can tune it in ok. :no

Thanks.

Receivers that do not use the Satellite guides instead of the PSIP information from the local station usually will not have problems. My DTC-100 which displays the Over the Air PSIP and guide information can go crazy if the local station mess up the signal.

So the Voom receivers should be fine even if the station is going crazy you just won't see the picture on that channel.

DarrellP said:
Sean or anyone else?

Our local CBS quite often has the PSIP generator go South, causing the channel to re-assign itself from the Parent mapped channel of 6-01 to it's native UHF channel of 40-01. What happens? Will the VOOM receiver still tune it in or am I SOL? :shocked

When this happens, my Dish 6000 reassigns the channel but will not tune it in. Other STB's can tune it in ok. :no

Thanks.

Seriously, I do not know. But I would think that VOOM would try to give you the correct channel map. Check the mapping assigned to your local zipcode here

http://tvlistings4.zap2it.com/cabdbs/grid.asp?partner_id=cabdbs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts