Question: Can a D* Slimline dish Receive G10 And Music?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
Short answer: NO.

Long answer-----

As some of you know, I cancelled D*, so I had a nice slimline dish just laying in the parts pile. So I said to myself, "self, why wouldn't that work for 123 and 119 with the 4 degree lnb bracket you have from the P* dish pile?"

So, I set to work. Painted it up, assembled the four degree bracket to the D* arm, mounted up the LNB's, I was ready. Fired up the Coolsat 5000...and set to aiming...two hours later...still no linear signal from G10. I was getting just a 10 percent quality spike on one TP, so I decided to change TP's. BAM! second one I tried I had 70 percent quality. Ok. Changed the coax over to the circular LNB, 119 was spot on. Okay.

I went out to the main dish pole, mounted it up. 119 was fine. 123...uh, no. I was missing some TP's entirely, some maybe 50 percent quality, most I could do on any TP was 85-87 quality, but not solid. :(

Failed exercise. But it was FUN!

Attachments

• IMG_1184.JPG
    IMG_1184.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1185.JPG
    IMG_1185.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1186.JPG
    IMG_1186.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1187.JPG
    IMG_1187.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 185
That one looks big enough to work, stogie, what does it measure? (if you know) I have an old direcway sat dish and it looks tiny but gets good quality on G10. As long as it doesn't rain ,haha.

Well, the problem is I do not know if that bracket puts the lnb's at the focal point, because I sold the stock lnb on fleabay, I have no way to compare. So if I had to guess, that would be the reason. :)

The D* slimline I thought was like 24x20 or 24x22? My neighbor has one and it looks DINKY compared to the 30" dish I have right by it ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)