Question on the HR-34

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jdog020

Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Omaha, NE
I just switched from using TiVo with Cable for over 5 yrs to DTV. Got the HR-34 installed and love it, however...

Is there anyway to turn on a notation that shows if a show is New or not? (on the TiVo it showed a little box next to the show that said New. The box was just like DTV's HD notation box.)

so if you are shown the orig air date and it not the current date why is adding "NEW" that big of a deal? I mean it should be easy to add but where is the value in that add?

I can see a benefit, granted I don't need it. Why can you just scroll thru the guide and simple see a new tag on them, why should you have to click on the program and then look at the air date. It's an xtra step.

I questioned awhile back why Dish never had a hd tag in the guide like directv, and got the same reaction this person is getting.

If Directv is able to annoy me with banner ads in the guide, a no less than 4 second banner popup, removal of my DVR controls while the guide is up, and tv mail, what's wrong with a "new" tag!

I like reviewing zap2it weekly and seeing what's new an what series I want to add, I wish companies would consider better guide services. I'm not impressed with what is used now, especially since shows like Lost Girl/Merlin have to be added weekly by me because the original air date is used to determine if it's new or not. Ridiculous in this day and age.

Original air date on that particular channel would make more sense, so "record new" would actually work.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)