Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DIRECTV and Tribune Reach Agreement For Retransmission of Tribune's Local Channels and WGN America

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DIRECTV and Tribune have reached a retransmission consent deal for DIRECTV to continue carrying all of Tribune's local stations and WGN America for the next five years. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

"We're pleased that Tribune and their creditors now recognize that all DIRECTV wanted from day one was to pay fair market rates for their channels," said Derek Chang, executive vice president of Content, Strategy and Development, DIRECTV. "It's unfortunate that Tribune was willing to hold our customers hostage in an attempt to extract excessive rates, but in the end we reached a fair deal at market rates similar to what we originally agreed to on March 29. On behalf of our customers, we are very happy to close the deal and put this behind us."

Tribune restored all of their local signals and WGN America to DIRECTV customers at approximately 9 p.m. ET.

Five million American homes blacked out from their local broadcaster cries out for an examination in Washington, D.C of the decades old telecom law that encourages these impasses.

According to sat racer it will be later tonight. My guess would be after what ever pay per view is using the bandwith that would go to the HD feed. I would supsect it will be probably between 10pm pdt and 12am pdt.
Umm....im still seeing the negotiation slate on WGN 307

Sent from my 4G LTE Droid Razr using Tapatalk

I just tuned to ch 307 and heard Adele's screeching and was about to change it when WGN re-appeared at 9:41pm EDT.

hmmmm.......so we lost WGN for what 3 1/2 days? Not bad :)
I guess tomorrow I can see the Cubs game :)

Well it was there and I lost it, back to SD only, it was on WGNAHD then it went black and switched to one of the DirecTV cinema channels and now I only have the SD feed.

EDIT: and back again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts