DIRECTV and Tribune Reach Agreement

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i don't know stone. with no competition except cable i think prices would probably go way up since there would only be one choice for satellite tv.

Exactly right, I lived in the country in the early 90's and eagerly awaited D to start their service, then they started without competition from E for close to 2 years. So they were charging $500 for the equipment (one rec'r) and the sub fees were the same as cable (which I had no access to). I waited for E to start and then the competition begin.
For around 10 years or so I used each service (for awhile I had both at the same time). They both had their good points and they both have their bad points. But as a consumer, I think anyone that wants one or the other service to go under is a fool (as in the saying "a fool and their money....").

Mojo Jojo said:
Do you sub to just KTLA for $2/month, or do you you subscribe to the 5 superstations for $7/month?

I do just KTLA. One main reason being that WSBK is in my local DMA, so for me it would be 4 supers for $7. I know that's still a dollar savings, but don't see the point of paying the same price as others to get less for my value than them. Plus, I just want to get the network on West Coast time. KWGN from Denver in Mountain Time would work too.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)