DIRECTV and Tribune Reach Agreement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
i don't know stone. with no competition except cable i think prices would probably go way up since there would only be one choice for satellite tv.

Exactly right, I lived in the country in the early 90's and eagerly awaited D to start their service, then they started without competition from E for close to 2 years. So they were charging $500 for the equipment (one rec'r) and the sub fees were the same as cable (which I had no access to). I waited for E to start and then the competition begin.
For around 10 years or so I used each service (for awhile I had both at the same time). They both had their good points and they both have their bad points. But as a consumer, I think anyone that wants one or the other service to go under is a fool (as in the saying "a fool and their money....").

Mojo Jojo said:
Do you sub to just KTLA for $2/month, or do you you subscribe to the 5 superstations for $7/month?

I do just KTLA. One main reason being that WSBK is in my local DMA, so for me it would be 4 supers for $7. I know that's still a dollar savings, but don't see the point of paying the same price as others to get less for my value than them. Plus, I just want to get the network on West Coast time. KWGN from Denver in Mountain Time would work too.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.