DIRECTV and Tribune Reach Agreement

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would say if it was not for Tribune knowingly agreeing in bad faith a deal they could not broker there would of been no outage.

Many many many years ago I thought Charlie's Stunts were him sticking up for his customers and keeping Dish's customers bills low. Yeah hmm the two services are only a few dollars off from each other, but one takes only days if that to resolve something where the other well I let dish's record on the matter speak for it's self.

Or maybe it just time we settle this by dish just getting eaten up by directv.

i don't know stone. with no competition except cable i think prices would probably go way up since there would only be one choice for satellite tv.

I hope dish takes note! Directv Settled this one in hours! Dish is going on years for Disney!

Hours? I believe a few days since the channels were off since Saturday at 11:59 P.M. Well, I guess you could say about 92 hours and 21 minutes if you want to say hours. I am sure those that lost local affiliates would disagree for shows such as Once Upon a Time, Dancing with the Stars, and the series finale of One Tree Hill to name a few.

At least with Dish and Disney the SD feeds of ESPNews, Disney XD, Disney (E) and ABC Family are still available. The HD feeds were taken away. What about DirecTV with G4 and the time it took during the Versus dispute?

Last edited:
I was really hoping for SuperStations. I never thought it the point that Geronimo made, but it makes sense. I mean - they already have all of those channels anyway! Like I've said before, WPIX is what keeps my parents with Dish since my mom likes a bunch of CW shows and they don't have a local CW via satellite. I would like KTLA because I have recording conflicts on Mondays and a west-coast feed of the CW would fix it. An HR34 would, too, but I'll wait for the price to come down. The baseball on WPIX and My9 is great, too!

I doubt Superstations would be on Directv....right now those stations are on spotbeams. If they make them CONUS there is 5 slots that are now taken., And I'm assuming the people whining for them want them in HD well then there is 5 HD slots taken when available HD slots are already at a premium.

People bitched when TruTV HD was added because it wasn't say BBC HD. They'll riot if D* adds 5 stations that are just CW or My Network affiliates that most of us can get already.

ejb1980 said:
I was really hoping for SuperStations. I never thought it the point that Geronimo made, but it makes sense. I mean - they already have all of those channels anyway! Like I've said before, WPIX is what keeps my parents with Dish since my mom likes a bunch of CW shows and they don't have a local CW via satellite. I would like KTLA because I have recording conflicts on Mondays and a west-coast feed of the CW would fix it. An HR34 would, too, but I'll wait for the price to come down. The baseball on WPIX and My9 is great, too!

Personally that's why I get KTLA on Dish. My wife loves the CW shows, but I hate having to watch. My local CW is in SD anyway so it was nothing for me to add KTLA in SD and record her shows at 11 and Midnight.

Personally that's why I get KTLA on Dish. My wife loves the CW shows, but I hate having to watch. My local CW is in SD anyway so it was nothing for me to add KTLA in SD and record her shows at 11 and Midnight.

Do you sub to just KTLA for $2/month, or do you you subscribe to the 5 superstations for $7/month?

Where is WGN SD remapped to? As I said in the original thread, WGN & WCIU games are not in the EI package. If you want to watch a Cubs/Sox game on WGN/WCIU and you have no access to those stations, ou have to watch the opponents feed.
4th year with EI and it's been like that the whole time.

Where is WGN SD remapped to? As I said in the original thread, WGN & WCIU games are not in the EI package. If you want to watch a Cubs/Sox game on WGN/WCIU and you have no access to those stations, ou have to watch the opponents feed.
4th year with EI and it's been like that the whole time.

I believe it would be channel 307 (for both SD or HD)?

Where is WGN SD remapped to? As I said in the original thread, WGN & WCIU games are not in the EI package. If you want to watch a Cubs/Sox game on WGN/WCIU and you have no access to those stations, ou have to watch the opponents feed. 4th year with EI and it's been like that the whole time.
you can watch WGN SD feed in the IE packages, wouldn't it make sense to put the WGN HD in the package also? you can today cubs game on WGN on channel 732, that why i asked

you can watch WGN SD feed in the IE packages, wouldn't it make sense to put the WGN HD in the package also? you can today cubs game on WGN on channel 732, that why i asked

I guess because I don't have the EI SD feeds in my guide, I had never seen that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)