DIRECTV and Tribune Reach Agreement

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hmmmm.......so we lost WGN for what 3 1/2 days? Not bad :)
I guess tomorrow I can see the Cubs game :)

Enjoy. Having lived right down Addison for 24 years I've been to games, but really don't watch it on tv, Hawks fan, myself. For a lot of locals, they treat the place as Club Wrigley, and could care less how the actual game went. :/ Good to see there's still enthusiasm for it.

Like mentioned previously (other thread), they will get it done before the baseball season starts :)

It's been pretty obvious for at least a little while this one wasn't a problem on DirecTV's end, and I'm glad to see it's been settled in a relatively short time. Having Tribune involved gave me a feeling this one would get messy as they've made a few other messes of media here in the Chicago area lately, and I don't think they're done making them, yet.

I hope dish takes note! Directv Settled this one in hours! Dish is going on years for Disney!

Most posters here will know but there's always a few that seem to think they make a point "naysaying" when these disputes arise.

It was settled quickly. What are the odds on our resident naysayers and the emotional Dish sub's that recently posted the usual sarcasm, predictably appearing here and posting something positive about the Trib channels coming back online? Interesting how the few regular appearing naysayers usually repeat their patterns when these channel disputes are resolved. They're nowhere to be seen
x0wi7c.jpg

Maybe we'll see the trend reverse this time.

Just to be clear, I'm referring to a very few posters but their pattern's predictable. It's funny to me since the agenda is transparent. What those guys probably don't consider when they appear on que when these carrier disputes arise, is that there are a lot of us here that don't play that game, ie, we don't post in Dish forums with sarcastic remarks and with predictable motives.

I've never even read a Dish forum here, much less posted there.

Nice to have FOX back in GR and to have the Cubs for opening day. Good to see they sealed it for five years too.

I'm glad they are back for those of you that use them. I couldn't care less about those stations but I'm glad D* stood their ground yet everyone got what they wanted. Kudos D*

Most posters here will know but there's always a few that seem to think they make a point "naysaying" when these disputes arise.

It was settled quickly. What are the odds on our resident naysayers and the emotional Dish sub's that recently posted the usual sarcasm, predictably appearing here and posting something positive about the Trib channels coming back online? Interesting how the few regular appearing naysayers usually repeat their patterns when these channel disputes are resolved. They're nowhere to be seen
x0wi7c.jpg

Maybe we'll see the trend reverse this time.

Just to be clear, I'm referring to a very few posters but their pattern's predictable. It's funny to me since the agenda is transparent. What those guys probably don't consider when they appear on que when these carrier disputes arise, is that there are a lot of us here that don't play that game, ie, we don't post in Dish forums with sarcastic remarks and with predictable motives.

I've never even read a Dish forum here, much less posted there.

Personally, I would never know when a DISH contract is up as I don't frequent thier forum but once in a great while when things are really slow in the forums I do frequent.

I'm curious, somewhere in these threads i was reported that D* has never paid the Trib previously, at least thats what the Trib said.
Is that true, and is D* now paying them ...
The report said it was agreed apon to be in line with others, if thats the case then D*is paying them now and they wern't before, so the Trib also got thier way.

Not sure about this, thought I'd ask.

I'm curious, somewhere in these threads i was reported that D* has never paid the Trib previously, at least thats what the Trib said.
Is that true, and is D* now paying them ...
The report said it was agreed apon to be in line with others, if thats the case then D*is paying them now and they wern't before, so the Trib also got thier way.

Not sure about this, thought I'd ask.

I think I read that the money they used to get for WGN America was supposed to make up for not getting anything for their locals.

That's good news about the length of the carrier contract.

Unfortunately my opinion is don't take that one as written in stone. :( Hope I'm proven wrong. They replaced the morning radio guy at WGN radio not that long ago. After giving him a multi year contract, and they tossed him a very short time after he bought a house here. What the money people do sometimes has absolutely zero relation to anything resembling sense.

Unfortunately my opinion is don't take that one as written in stone. :( Hope I'm proven wrong. They replaced the morning radio guy at WGN radio not that long ago. After giving him a multi year contract, and they tossed him a very short time after he bought a house here. What the money people do sometimes has absolutely zero relation to anything resembling sense.

Good point. We'll hope that it lasts a while.

Darn , no SuperStation package out of the deal. Both sides could of made extra money.

Personally, I would never know when a DISH contract is up as I don't frequent thier forum but once in a great while when things are really slow in the forums I do frequent.

Me either. But we seem to have resident Dish subs, 1 in particular, that apparently thinks he's a hall monitor here
200tl5d.jpg

Or maybe it just time we settle this by dish just getting eaten up by directv.

fk4ifp.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)