Question re. Motor & Dish Angle Adjustments

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

IA6Newspath

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
In trying to find additional information regarding the motor and dish angle adjustments for a motorized dish system, I was looking through the motorized dish setup tutorial on Sadoun's website. While it appears as though the motor angle setting is simply equal to the latitude value of the installation location (can anyone verify if this is the case for SG2100 motors as well?), the dish elevation angle appears to vary based on the make and model of the motor being used in a dish setup. There is a specific equation to calculate the proper dish elevation angle for each make and model of motor, however all of these calculations have one factor in common--the "declination angle" which can be found on a provided chart. That said, here's my question. The declination angle for a particular location appears to be determined by using the latitude of the location, so am I correct in assuming that the "declination angles" on the table are completely different and not related in any way to magnetic declination values which are determined based on longitude? In other words, am I correct in assuming that the declination angles on the table (determined by latitude) and magnetic declination (determined by longitude) are two completely different measurements and figures? If this is the case, then what exactly is the declination angle on the table a measure of, and why then is it necessary to set the dish to an offset other than zero if the motor is already adjusted to a proper true south elevation?

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help!

Yes, they have NOTHING to do with your magnetic declination.
Sadouns calculations are not for the SG2100, the SG2100 should be marked on one side ELEV. and the other LAT.

After setting the motor elevation all adjustments should be made on the dish only while watching the signal quality meter.

Here is a GREAT explanation of DECLINATION....

http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/decchartp.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts