Questions about dsr920 and X4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
Hello everyone I need some advise. I have a DSR 920 that had a master reset and a brand new VCRS module.I need to map the unit but I cannot get any of the western birds on my mini bud. I saw on the 4dtv forum that Galaxy 11 TP24 has the maps.Is this true? If so do I download the maps and then call to sub or due I need to activate first to get the maps. Keep in mind this is a brand new VCRS module. Thanks in advance.

You don't need to get it activated to get the Maps. The VCRS module is for analog Videocipher2 programming. You don't even need it for the 4dtv Digicipher2 channels. You may be able to get some channels if the 4dtv was previously activated? Or you may have to activate it to get any channel? But, you don't have to get it activated to get the Maps. You just need to be on a Digicipher channel that has them. Most (if not all) of the main Movie channels have them, and I've heard that the channel on GB (G11 - 24) has it, but I can't confirm that myself? Good Luck!

Al

So I don't need any module to subscribe to the x4 package? Or do I need a different VC module to subscribe? Also ,does anyone else have any input about maps being on Galaxy 11?

Status
Please reply by conversation.