Questions about the firmware upgrade/new GUI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nite

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
While waiting for the new GUI to roll out, I found myself wondering idly about firmware upgrades. Anyone know the answers to these questions?

-Does it require a reboot after the upgrade is applied before it shows up? (it must, right?)
-Will the systems reboot automatically? (again, I'm assuming the no-brainer answer to this as well is "yes")
-Are the DVRs aware of when they're recording and do they schedule their reboots around gaps? (I'm thinking this one is probably a "no," not that anything particularly important gets recorded in the dead of the morning...)

Yes to all questions.

Understand that firmware updates happen several times a year so if they haven't upset your experience yet, this one shouldn't.

Well Harshness, like Meatloaf said, two out of three ain't bad!
If a dvr is recording while the new firmware is downloaded it will reboot during the recording.

If you have the blue light ring turned off then when your unit reboots the ring will then be turned back on again so that is the easy way to know if it has rebooted.

That is an easy way to tell. If you leave the blue ring on, then just hold the info button down and a diagnostic screen will come up with the info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)