Questions about The Hopper?

That is true. Just like current receivers I don't believe you have to have the receiver connected to the internet.
Can you program your hopper over the internet? Does it have to be connected (via ethernet/wireless), or can that be done via the satellite connection only?

What other features make an internet connection important/nice?

The biggest reason for the internet would be VOD and getting full use of the apps that are on it. The rest of the uses are similar to just having a phone liine connected.

If your not hooked up to the internet then the Hopper goes into "DISH Unplugged" mode where it downloads VOD content from the Satellites whenever a tuner is free. :)

ashutto20 said:
2 questions...

1) If you switch to another tuner that someone else is watching do both people have control of the tuner???

2) I want to add an additional joey in the future...will up to 3 joeys still be free still in the summertime??? (not sure if anyone would know this ? though)

Thanks in advance

What about the first question???

I have 3 ehds. One is connected to a 722 and another to a 622. The third is set up with the 622 but must be interchanged with another ehd(pull the usb of one and plug in the usb of the other). Both the 622 and 722 other usb slot is used by a wifi adapter. On the hopper can all 3 ehds be live and seen by all the joeys?

I have 3 ehds. One is connected to a 722 and another to a 622. The third is set up with the 622 but must be interchanged with another ehd(pull the usb of one and plug in the usb of the other). Both the 622 and 722 other usb slot is used by a wifi adapter. On the hopper can all 3 ehds be live and seen by all the joeys?
No. No way !

The hopper will not download anything from the Internet unless you tell it to.

The only other time the hoper will use the Internet is to phone home.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The hopper will not download anything from the Internet unless you tell it to.

The only other time the hoper will use the Internet is to phone home.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thank you. I thought I smelt something bad.

And doesn't the ViP922 allow multiple simultaneous EHDs thru a hub?

So this is confirmed or not? If it's not I'll just setup a wireless router with DD-WRT to make it a bridge and use it with the Hopper Internet Connector.

The Hopper should work with the USB adapter - it's in the posted install docs.

I can't see where you would need a DDWRT bridge and the Hopper Internet Connector. If your using the bridge, just connect it directly to the Hopper and your done.

A couple of quick questions.

1) How is the Joey connected to the Hopper?
2) Any idea of the upgrade cost from currently having a single 722K

thanks
Bruce

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)