Questions about The Hopper?

Will the 99 of us who answered "Can't wait" in the Hopper Poll be the first to get their Hoppers and Joeys installed?

You would need to run a DLNA server on a PC in your house such as PlayOn. Then you can watch stuff via DLNA.

I like watching TWIT.TV, ESPN3 and other online channels. :)

forgive my ignorance here...but is that a windows 7 machine that or are you talking a true server? I have all of my DVD's saved on 2nd hard drive and can view them on my PS3, but would love to be able to share across all TV's in the house.

I think, based on the fact that it works on your PS3, that it should work on your Hopper just the same. Worth a shot, at least.

Its depends on what format your movies are ripped to. Most of mine are in .ISO format which the 922 does not play (and I would guess the Hopper does not play them either)

You wouldn't do that on a DLNA server.

I can play those files as they are on my Boxee Box. :) Perfect HD copies of my Bluray collection. :D

Because of internal rules of SW Dept, not because of talk between you and your informant.
It's common practice, telling for those who never been there ...

I think my informants would know since they run the SW Department. ;)

It's STILL beta software.

Dish receivers don't normally require a reboot to download targeted software, they just require being placed in standby.

Well, it should, but sometimes (I noticed for 922) it going better with a reboot. Clean start, you know ... like a Windows.
Remember, Linux based devices has mandatory reboot each 24 hrs ? Why ?
[Don't tell me dish propaganda, please.] Real issue ... Why ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)