Questions about The Hopper?

Well, it should, but sometimes (I noticed for 922) it going better with a reboot. Clean start, you know ... like a Windows.
Remember, Linux based devices has mandatory reboot each 24 hrs ? Why ?
[Don't tell me dish propaganda, please.] Real issue ... Why ?
I have wondered that myself, my 922 seems to reboot every morning at 3am. :)

You wouldn't do that on a DLNA server.

I can play those files as they are on my Boxee Box. :) Perfect HD copies of my Bluray collection. :D

But could Dish DLNA play the VOB files that are inside the ISO if you extracted them directly into a directory?

I have wondered that myself, my 922 seems to reboot every morning at 3am. :)

They probably do not really need to do this anymore, but since they figured out it fixed 90% of the 921s problems 5 years ago, they have had every DVR since do it. But, it is easier to do this than to be sure they can run years at a time.

Perhaps you are not aware, but Standby mode is not what you think, DVR is still running all tasks just ceased decoding video/audio and stop pumping it to video/audio outputs.

Standby is when you leave it plugged in, but "turned off." It actually is still on, for some functions. Such as updates.

dwarren2 said:
They all reboot overnight. On a 722, you can set the time by Menu-8-4. After the overnight reboot it goes into Stand By. So I think the person who said it updates in Standby was in error.

No I was 100% correct.

You learning quickly ;)...

Just a few posts ago, your phrase was out of base "So I think the person who said it updates in Standby was in error.", but now ... hehe

What do you mean I'm learning? I've known that years. I've been with Dish for over 14 years. I was just clarifying another posters comment.

When it come to internals algos, we all know NOTHING, but still learning for last 32 years (since dish start selling C BUDs).
Your these two posts just expose how much you know.

My IQ is higher than your IQ! I kid, I kid. So Scott, have you heard any details on having just 2 Hoppers or 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey? I would think it's doable but is Dish going to allow it on March 15th?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts