Questions about The Hopper?

I have a VIP 922 and a VIP 612. The 612 is owned. Can I upgrade to the Hopper with the 922 or you need the Joey also??
If you upgrade to Hopper you can only have Hopper / Joey equipment on your account. Meaning you would no longer be able to use your old ViP equipment.

Will the 922 remotes work with the Hopper?

(ANSWERED BY SCOTT and UPDATED with new info)

Last edited by a moderator:
Will the 922 remotes work with the Hopper?

No, different frequencies based on the Zigbee protocols. (NOTE: a few people who have been testing and training on the Hopper report that they HAVE been able to pair a 922 remote with a Hopper. But we do not have official confirmation yet.)

Last edited:
Folks please remember this thread is for QUESTIONS (and answers) ONLY. Do not use this thread as a disucussion thread. Thanks!

There is still some confusion in the other thread regarding the cost of the 1st Joey being included or not included. Are all Joeys charged the $7 fee or is the first Joey free? (Question seems to be coming up because the screenshot shows $7 fee for ADDITIONAL Joeys)

There is still some confusion in the other thread regarding the cost of the 1st Joey being included or not included. Are all Joeys charged the $7 fee or is the first Joey free? (Question seems to be coming up because the screenshot shows $7 fee for ADDITIONAL Joeys)

No Joeys are included. The first one will be $7/month. There is an estimate sheet from Schermann in another thread that spells this out very clearly.

(Not nagging that you should have seen it in any way, just offering it as my "source".)

Well the hopper work with Harmony remotes?

(ANSWERED BY Laddyboy)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm mildly disappointed that multiple hoppers can't be linked together. Will there be a mechanism to select which hopper a joey links to at launch? Or will they be on seperate home networks that get connected later?

Initially I would need 2 hoppers and 3 Joey units. As I understand it, my hardware out of pocket would be $199. Is that accurate?

Fees would be 5x7 + 10 for whole house DVR?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk