Questions about The Hopper?

Unless you're one of those folks wanting multiple remotes in one room to control the same equipment.

Do we know that for sure? NO, I am basing this on the fact that the 922 will only use IR address #1 and the Hooper software is based on the 922. Scott also commented that only IR address 1 can be usedWith the VIPS, IR remote addresses can be anything. It's the Harmony remotes that will only work with the default, #1 address. Harmony remotes can use any of the 32 IR remote addresses Regardless, goresnet will still have problems.

Must depend on the specific Harmony remote. My 520 will only work with #1. Spent a half-hour with Logitech support before that reality surfaced.

Must depend on the specific Harmony remote. My 520 will only work with #1. Spent a half-hour with Logitech support before that reality surfaced.
thats strange because I have one of my 520 set for address #6 and one for #11

Harmony remotes can be taught to use different remote addresses, it just takes a little more programming. One thing I remember about it (I programmed my neighbors Harmony's with 211s in adjoining rooms that can see each other) is that the Harmony sees Address 1 as 0, 2 as 1, etc, so you have to program accordingly.

That bit of news on Harmony is interesting. I've never seen an option to change the address on my 880 or One. I'll have to look closer next time I'm online with Harmony.

I am sure these questions have been answered before but I have not found them. How deep are the video buffers on the hopper 1 hour, 2 hours or something else also are the buffers active when the unit is in standby meaning you turn the unit on and can rewind to the start of a tuners buffer or is it like the VIP series DVRs that have empty buffers when brought out of standby?

I've noticed buffers on the current channel coming out of standby on my 722, so it isn't all ViPs that clear the buffer in standby.

I am sure these questions have been answered before but I have not found them. How deep are the video buffers on the hopper 1 hour, 2 hours or something else also are the buffers active when the unit is in standby meaning you turn the unit on and can rewind to the start of a tuners buffer or is it like the VIP series DVRs that have empty buffers when brought out of standby?

Looks like I can only rewind back to an hour on the Hopper. When I shut it off and turn it back on there is no buffer. Works the same as the 922 and 722.

I didn't notice before, but I turned my 722 on last week, and to my surprise, I had an hour buffer on the channel it was tuned to.

You turned the receiver on or the TV? If it actually did work, I find that very surprising. Pretty cool if it did though.

Tyralak said:
I dislike those kind of remotes. I prefer my dish remote.

I agree. I'd rather have a nightstand full of remotes that work exactly as they're meant to than one remote that does many things mediocrely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts