Questions about The Hopper?

My Harmonies (One & 650) work perfectly. I'm thinking about putting an IR blaster on Hopper #2, with the IR receiver at my kids computer/tv. Hopefully the blaster will block signals from affecting Hopper #1. Can't hurt to try. I've got plenty of RG6 and HDMI, so I can play around with both combinations and see if it'll work. The HDTV's are technically in a separate room, but the two rooms open on each other, no wall dividing. I'd still like both Hoppers in my main equipment rack, but if not, no biggie.

Harmony is fast on the updates....often faster than the device mfr.

on a hopper/Joey setup if some one is watching a channel and some one at a different TV types in the same channel number will they "join" the other viewers stream or will they grab a free tuner for their own separate stream?

on a hopper/Joey setup if some one is watching a channel and some one at a different TV types in the same channel number will they "join" the other viewers stream or will they grab a free tuner for their own separate stream?
Unless the content is accessed as an ongoing recording, I'm betting it will use another tuner.

No, he didn't. He used the red button to view available tuners and joined the tuner in use. He didn't just directly change the channel number to the same one the hopper was viewing. There may be a difference, which is why the test is needed.

If you are on one tuner with the Hopper and another tuner with the Joey and you put both onto the same channel they will still be on separate tuners.

Ok, here's another one, Scherrman:

If you are on the Joey and viewing the Hopper's tuner, and then go into the DVR menu and watch a recorded program for a few minutes, what happens after exiting the DVR menu? Does it go back to shared viewing with the Hopper, or does it grab a tuner for independent viewing?

EDIT: I just realized that you are being split between 2 threads, this "Question" one, and the "Answers" one. :D

All these questions about tuners make this forum sound like the nerdiest SATs ever. "If one tuner is leaving Poughkeepsie at 3:45..." :D

Ok, here's another one, Scherrman:

If you are on the Joey and viewing the Hopper's tuner, and then go into the DVR menu and watch a recorded program for a few minutes, what happens after exiting the DVR menu? Does it go back to shared viewing with the Hopper, or does it grab a tuner for independent viewing?

EDIT: I just realized that you are being split between 2 threads, this "Question" one, and the "Answers" one. :D

It goes back on it's own tuner. :D

Are you able to name the various nodes on the network....

Example, Hopper 1 == HT-1
Hopper2 == HT-2
Joey-1 == MBR
Joey-2 == LR
Joey-3 == Basement

It would make life easier if that were the case for "normal" people as opposed to those of us that are somewhat more technically inclined.

Are you able to name the various nodes on the network....

Example, Hopper 1 == HT-1
Hopper2 == HT-2
Joey-1 == MBR
Joey-2 == LR
Joey-3 == Basement

It would make life easier if that were the case for "normal" people as opposed to those of us that are somewhat more technically inclined.

Every device has it's own name. When doing the initial install you go through the system wizard which has you link the remote to the unit then it has you name what room it's in. They give you about 30 different name options.

So in our showroom it shows the Hopper listed as Living Room and the Joey is listed as Bedroom 1. I named them that way just for demo.

Not in front of the system right now but I'm almost certain that you can actually give each it's own specific name like say, "Bobby's Room".

2 Hopper set-up

Has it been confirmed if 2 Hoppers will be able to "see" each other? I plan on having 2 Joeys also. I'm hoping the Joeys will be able to access both Hoppers.

Has it been confirmed if 2 Hoppers will be able to "see" each other? I plan on having 2 Joeys also. I'm hoping the Joeys will be able to access both Hoppers.
no, they will not be able to see each other for the near future. They are still working on it and it is a top priority.

You can still order your system and wait for that firmware upgrade down the road. However, if the feature is that important to you then i would wait until it's ready.

The $200 upgrade for the second hopper as a new customer... Is that paid to dish on my cc or to the indirect dealer I want to use?

Every device has it's own name. When doing the initial install you go through the system wizard which has you link the remote to the unit then it has you name what room it's in. They give you about 30 different name options.
You can even give them custom names so it could be listed as "Sherrmans Room" :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts