Questions about The Hopper?

CubsWin said:
Is there a way to change the time that receivers check for updates? My receivers keep trying to reboot at 1am, which is not a good time for me. I have searched through the settings menus, but can't seem to find any way to change the time like there was on my old 622.

It doesn't look like it.

Gotta ask - did you try the skip back function? Does it work better than on the ViP722s and other ViPs?

Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't see the post. I have tried the skip back function and it seems to work just fine. It feels different but I'm not sure how. I think it's more accurate and consistant.

Couple of questions forgot there was this area for Hopper questions

1. On demand, I am guessing it takes some time to load tiles initially? Did a reset-figured it out

2. Future showings-if I turn to something I like and want to see future showings o the show/movie any feature for that?

Thanks for the help-new dish user!-recieved help on this

Last edited:
Another question:

When a timer is set for a PTAT show so that it's automatically saved to the user side, how does the Daily Schedule (in the My Recordings dropdown) appear? Is it listed separately from the PTAT entry? Is there any listing to denote it's part of PTAT here?

How do you setup to have a PTAT show automatically save to the user side? That's what I want but don't know how to do it. I have PTAT enabled and when I add a timer for a show that is already recorded in PTAT if I look at what's scheduled it's status is skipped as duplicate and I see no way to get around this (other than manually go into that instance and click Restore), I want to be able to setup some of my favorite primetime network shows to automatically be in user area, I won't necessarily watch them within the 8 days PTAT saves them nor will I remember to move them to user space so I really just want them to be in user space automatically like it used to do with my 722 and put the dup in PTAT area.

I was just installed today so newbie but I'm hoping someone can enlighten me how to pull this off... I tried to search through the over 100 pages but couldn't find my answer.

From what others have said you have to set a timer for the show you want to record...doing so will save it to your side of the dvr plus it records it off the PTAT tuner so you will still have 2 tuners during PTAT

From what others have said you have to set a timer for the show you want to record...doing so will save it to your side of the dvr plus it records it off the PTAT tuner so you will still have 2 tuners during PTAT

Since I think we're limited to I think 96 timers, do you know if that counts against the limit?

That's what I tried to do but the timer I set shows skipped as dup when you look at what's scheduled to record.

Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't see the post. I have tried the skip back function and it seems to work just fine. It feels different but I'm not sure how. I think it's more accurate and consistant.

Thank you. If it ever does otherwise, please let me know. This alone makes me interested in Hopper. But I still need to price out Fios.

AKGolf said:
Since I think we're limited to I think 96 timers, do you know if that counts against the limit?

Well it is suppose to be 96 timers or 576 events(don't hold me to that event number) , but my hopper hit a max event limit with only 44 timers. I'm thinking the PTAT is maxing the events out.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well it is suppose to be 96 timers or 576 events(don't hold me to that event number) , but my hopper hit a max event limit with only 44 timers. I'm thinking the PTAT is maxing the events out.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Seems like the PTAT timers should be on DISH's side of the hard drive and not be part of the 96 timers. IF not then you are not really gaining anything in regards to PTAT. And you still don't have the ability to do manual timers either? You also lose many endings on shows that run over like, Abc ,Cbs shows.

That's what I tried to do but the timer I set shows skipped as dup when you look at what's scheduled to record.
That totally confused me as well. Then at some point the Hopper got so confused it pretty much locked up when i set timers on 3 of those PTAT channels and started watching cable on 2 other TVs.

I'll try again tonite, but i have a feeling that i may end up not setting timers on PTAT for a couple weeks.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find anything. How can I change the time for the inactivity timer? I have always done this on previous receivers because sometimes we have problems with it turning off, especially during racing and other sporting events. Thanks for any help!

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find anything. How can I change the time for the inactivity timer? I have always done this on previous receivers because sometimes we have problems with it turning off, especially during racing and other sporting events. Thanks for any help!

Menu, Settings, Diagnostics, Updates.... I have mine set for Disable!

It's hiding in the Updates button in Settings.

This may ave been asked repeatedly but I'm still a little confused. If I have 1 Hopper and three Joeys, can I watch LIVE T.V..... 4 different channel or let's say ESPN in F.R. The Cubbies on WGN in L.R. HGTV in B.R.-1 and Disney in B.R.- 2?????

wobbie said:
This may ave been asked repeatedly but I'm still a little confused. If I have 1 Hopper and three Joeys, can I watch LIVE T.V..... 4 different channel or let's say ESPN in F.R. The Cubbies on WGN in L.R. HGTV in B.R.-1 and Disney in B.R.- 2?????

No. The Hopper only has 3 tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)