Questions about the Linkbox 9000i

Status
Please reply by conversation.
thanks for confirming about IPTV. Too bad but not surprising.

As for the time, it's a bit mind boggling to me that this issue has not been resolved yet... and really it's making me hesitate about that receiver as PBS Montana is among the channels that interest me (well, the entire PBS MUX on 125W). OTA might not be an issue as I get only a handful of OTA channels here in western CT, so might skip the "Local" option altogether

thanks for confirming about IPTV. Too bad but not surprising.

As for the time, it's a bit mind boggling to me that this issue has not been resolved yet... and really it's making me hesitate about that receiver as PBS Montana is among the channels that interest me (well, the entire PBS MUX on 125W). OTA might not be an issue as I get only a handful of OTA channels here in western CT, so might skip the "Local" option altogether
I thought the same thing about the local channels thinking that I only had 5 here in eastern Washington. I was surprised to pick up 26.

Norman

Good point, i guess it's worth giving it a shot and maybe the 9000i Local is more sensitive that my 10-year-old Sony TV and my Hauppauge TV tuner card.

Good point, i guess it's worth giving it a shot and maybe the 9000i Local is more sensitive that my 10-year-old Sony TV and my Hauppauge TV tuner card.
I recently replaced my ota antenna with one that had higher gain uhf only. Made a huge difference, went from 14 to 21 channels received, and increased signal strength across the board on the ones i was already getting. I was told by the guy at the ham store where i bought the antenna he had an amp/pre-amp that i could add if i had issues with the pbs channels ota, which i do, they only come in during the day and i lose them at night. But i get the pbs mux on the ku set up so I dont really care (both the regular pbs mux and the lpbs mux). Apparently if i were closer to Wichita I could pick up heros and Icons ota as they added it as a low power station but being 60+ miles away and it being low power i was told forget about it. If i could get it ota it would solve the decades, movies and H&I issue I have, as i now get decades ota and can get movies on another satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)