Questions abt coming sat launch(s) & the future

Status
Please reply by conversation.

varaonaid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Hello,

I'm trying to finally decide whether to pull the trigger on D*. Would have already had the order done by now but they no longer offer the AAA $99 second HD-DVR receiver. So it made me hesitate. Just wondering what you think the future looks like for D*? What satellite launch(es) do they have lined up? Last I heard they were looking at Dec 09 but I thought I recently read now that it's been moved up to Sept 09. Are there any others planned? Has there been any info released on whether they plan to add more HD programming in the near future? I understand that channels may not always be added right away but I've kinda been thinking that it's important to know if they're gonna get in a trap where they have no bandwidth to add additional channels. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!
Rae

Hello,

I'm trying to finally decide whether to pull the trigger on D*. Would have already had the order done by now but they no longer offer the AAA $99 second HD-DVR receiver. So it made me hesitate. Just wondering what you think the future looks like for D*? What satellite launch(es) do they have lined up? Last I heard they were looking at Dec 09 but I thought I recently read now that it's been moved up to Sept 09. Are there any others planned? Has there been any info released on whether they plan to add more HD programming in the near future? I understand that channels may not always be added right away but I've kinda been thinking that it's important to know if they're gonna get in a trap where they have no bandwidth to add additional channels. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!
Rae

D* has been quite responsive when it comes to adding sats to accommodate the need to bandwidth ... sure they may get or be low, but they generally have another sat ready to go.

What are you debating about, who are you with currently ?
If your debating bandwidth issue between D* and E* , these not much to debate, at least D* lets you know whats going on and has sats ready to go.
E*'s tendancies have been to borrow, buy up other companies unneeded sat space instead of investing it building thier own.

Well, to be honest, if they had still had the 2nd HD-DVR for $99 through the AAA discount site, I'd be a DirecTV customer now. But when they didn't, it just made me decide to take one more look at my options before deciding. I see that Dish has been adding channels slowly this year and D* for some reason seems to have stalled so I'm just wondering what might be to come. We're moving the end of the month and have had standard E* service included in our winter rental so we're starting from scratch at this point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)