Questions on Boxes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NYRANGERS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Manahawkin, NJ
So I think tonight will be the night I order.

Premier with HD Access and The Extra HD Pack

1 HDDVR - Free
2 HD Recievers $99 each
3 Standard Recievers

The install still says $0.00 even though it will be a 6 room install.

Would they add more onto the install since it will be 6 rooms and not the 4?

I do have a central point for the install if that helps.

Thanks.

Not really sure of question but 4 rooms free. Additional 2 should be extra cost for receivers switch and labor.

Install Questions

OK I got another question.

I see a lot of threads talking about wires from the dish itself. So will I have 6 wires coming from the dish down to the central point?

Could they use 1 wire to the point of the side of my house?

If they use 6 do they have a connector for each of the 6 cables that go to each room?

Depends, but assuming from your forum name, I guess you are in NY. At the moment, no SWM LNB's are being installed in cold climates due to temperature issues with the electronics. So they will install a regular LNB. It has four outputs that will be run to a central point in your home. They will install a multiswitch to this. Connected to the switch will be the feeds needed for each receiver. The DVR will have two feeds, the other receivers, one each for a total of seven lines.

Depends, but assuming from your forum name, I guess you are in NY. At the moment, no SWM LNB's are being installed in cold climates due to temperature issues with the electronics. So they will install a regular LNB. It has four outputs that will be run to a central point in your home. They will install a multiswitch to this. Connected to the switch will be the feeds needed for each receiver. The DVR will have two feeds, the other receivers, one each for a total of seven lines.

I live outside of Buffalo, NY, and they just installed a SWM at my house last week. I was told that they are fine as long as the temps stay above -10 (we rarely go below 0).

Chris

Yep all set. Ordered tonight. Install is next Friday the 27th. Could have had sooner but wanted to make sure I set up my internet before I got Directv so I had no downtime. Can't stand being without internet for a couple days. That will be done for next Wednesday. I got some good deals, was referred, bundled with Verizon DSL, got the specials they were running now. What was pretty neat was I got the HD-DVR for free and one of the HD boxes for free. All I had to pay was for one HD box at $99 +tax. Don't know how came up free after she put all the boxes in the system. EVen my order status on the site has free for everything except 1 of the 2 HD boxes. The lady was very friendly and helpful with all my questions I asked. Was able to get the 6 boxes and they are on the way. Now we play the waiting game. Thanks for all the help folks.

EDIT: Hey Folks just as an update the Dish on my form is a DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish. I would gather that is a good thing?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)