Status
Please reply by conversation.
timmy1376

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
Guys,
I just got my twinhan card today and was trying to get my old dishnet dish pointed towards nimiq 2 to see if WGN was still FTA but I am really confused.

I got a 4 X 1 Disqec switch too and pluged that dish into the #1 slot. The dish worked the last time I used it but that was several years ago. Even with the dish pointing towards the ground I got about 22 signal in the VisionDTV app. I dont know really how to setup the software to say it that I am using a dss dish on #1. It asks questions about LNB power, type, frequency 1 and 2, a 22khz tone, and diseqc has 4 options, LNB A B C and d.

I am really frustrated right now. I though it would be really much easier. I really want to at least get one sat. before I bring home the DTN dish for Ku stuff.

Maybe my dish is just bad. I am replacing my single Directv dish with a Phase 3 so I guess I could try that dish. :no

More of a rant than anything, I guess.

Cascade

Cascade

Goose.
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
Trash the Phase3 dish, more trouble than they're worth.
What sat are you going to point at?

Bypass the switch for now, install progdvb and have a go with that.
When you've hit a bird, plug your switch back init port 1 and I'll walk you through the diseqc settings in prog.

PSB

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
Another tip is to set things up without the switch, you can add that anytime, it just makes life harder until you are all set up, good luck!

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Pete has a good point. Its harder to work with it when a switch is ionvolved. Run a line from the dish to the card. Add the switch when you are done :)

timmy1376

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
I am initally trying to hit Nimiq 2. What I meant by the Phase 3 is I currently have a directv dish pointing at 101 for my directv tivo, but Topeka now has locals with Directv so I bought a Phase 3 to use with the directv tivo. I would then take the old one pointing at 101 and try it to hit Nimiq 2.

I just wonder if the old dish lnb is bad. It has been in my building for years.

I will try a direct cable with the dish pointing at Nimiq 2(unless WGN-DT is not FTA anymore then I wont bother).

I have told you guys about the DTN dish before, but would a Direcpc or Primestar dish work better? That DTN dish is a LUG, and I am going to have to get it off the roof where I work. I have a friend that loves to rummage and he could probably find me a primestar or direcpc dish. Am I to assume correctly they would need no modification for Ku?

T

TBI

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 27, 2004
timmy1376 said:
I have told you guys about the DTN dish before, but would a Direcpc or Primestar dish work better? That DTN dish is a LUG, and I am going to have to get it off the roof where I work. I have a friend that loves to rummage and he could probably find me a primestar or direcpc dish. Am I to assume correctly they would need no modification for Ku?

DirecPC dish works like a champ no mods.

Attachments

• dishside.jpg
    dishside.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 152
Status
Please reply by conversation.