quick question...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thedishguy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2006
hi there,

ive been going at it for a while. here's the story i installed a satellite dish for my mom about 3 years ago so she can watch her thai channels. everything works ok ever since but recently she not getting 1 channel. the problem is it pixelate a lot. now i dont know much about these kind of satellites, even though i work for dishnet. anyways on that one particular channel the quality signal is very low compare to the other 5 channels. ive been going at it for days now, turning the lnb left and right, and i cant get the quality to go any higher then 49. does every channel have its own transponder? the dish is kinda old, LNB is falling apart(the plastic thing that covers the eye is gone). why would she get the other channels and not jus that one? any help would really be appreciated:up

are they all on the same trasponder?

Some of the international channels look like mush and that has to do with how much bandwidth they have for said channel

Some transponders have only one channel, others (like the Equity ones on G-10R in particular) have a bunch of channels crammed onto each transponder. As Iceberg said, when they do that, the channels often exhibit more compression artifacts since they are all sharing the bandwidth of that transponder.

Dish Network has multiple channels on most (if not all) transponders.

time to buy your mom a new .3db linear ku lnb? Perhaps that will give you a little more quality.

ive look through the menu and it doesnt say anything about transponders.

about getting her a new lnb. how can i tell which one she has? or what kind of lnb would work with her dish or reciever?

thx

which thai tv channel is it? can you give channel name and frequency of the so called bad channel? let your mother translate the caption if this channel has one. there is one channel that started to break up the last few weeks because it has become a subscription channel. they give a california telephone number to call for info. hope this helps.

johnstanko said:
which thai tv channel is it? can you give channel name and frequency of the so called bad channel? let your mother translate the caption if this channel has one. there is one channel that started to break up the last few weeks because it has become a subscription channel. they give a california telephone number to call for info. hope this helps.

i believe its one of the RRSat? TGN, freq. 11966. i think there's a total of 7 thai channels.

oh yeah she has a ADTH 8600IR reciever. ill just go out and buy her a new dish and lnb. can someone point me to right direction? what works with that perticular reciever?

All Ku LNB's use a 40mm neck and will work with most/all Ku dish. Have a look at our GOLD sponsors at the top of this page.

I like Invacom LNB's

before i would go out and buy a new system i would check to see if the channel you said was bad isn't a subscription channel now. do you know any one else in your area watching thai tv to compare signal quality. would be a shame to go out and buy new system and have same results. the thai subscription channels are on transponder 12090 horizonal sr. 20000

TGN is on Sat IA5 freq 11966
The Thai/Lao channels are on freqs

For me 12177 has the best signal. 11874 has the weakest. 11966 is a little better than 11874 but not much. The others are all pretty even. There are two channels that flip back and forth between ITC and not. TGN is not scrambled, it is ITC all of the time. I am watching it right now with no breakups. You might need to tweak the dish or get a better LNB.

thanks for the replies guys, ive checked our nieghbors and they're getting good signal. i dont know what it is. ive mess with the dish again. evertyime i turn the dish in increments, ill either dont get signal or ok signal, cant get it higher then 45. what i dont get is why are the other channels coming with good signal and just this one im having problem with.

Iceberg said:
try and skew the LNB a little bit. A little bit can make a BIG difference :)

ok whats the skew? on a dish500 its the whole reflector that u can adjust. on this dish u cant move the reflector. is it done rotating the lnb?

yes rotating the LNB. A little bit can make a difference.

Also try and push the lNB towards and away form the dish in the holder

one last quick question lol how do i know which lnb works with her reciever? would a single lnb from dishwork...work?

ok guys im back w/ a new lnb. it didnt help that one channel is still, well now its not showing any signal at all.

somebody educate me or point me to the right direction.

how do u find out the transponder?
is the t5 just a big satellite or clusters of sats?
the 7 thai channel that i was talking about has another name on top of the channel ie. RRsat. is that the name of the sat?
im thinking it has something to do with the menu set-up, thats why its not showing the channel.

i might have few more question but im too frustrated to think right now.:hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)