R15 - RF Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Janney66

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
Merrimack, NH
I understand the R15 supports an RF remote. Has anyone testing this out with the H10 RF remote (RC24)? I'm very curious if the RF works on the new R15. Thanks

Brian

In the menu there is a setup for the remote, you can switch the remote to RF mode in this menu, you also have to enter a code into the remote, this is all on the on-screen menu. Make sure you attach the included RF antenna to the coax port labeled "RF antenna" on the rear of the receiver.

deathfromabove said:
In the menu there is a setup for the remote, you can switch the remote to RF mode in this menu, you also have to enter a code into the remote, this is all on the on-screen menu. Make sure you attach the included RF antenna to the coax port labeled "RF antenna" on the rear of the receiver.

have not heard anyone mention yet, that their R15 came with an "RF Antenna". i know mine did not. where are you getting this info?

deathfromabove, you're missing a step. The R15 isn't coming bundled w/an RF
antenna yet. I haven't found anything in the menus so far that let's you activate the RF functionality like you can on the H10. I haven't bothered to check if the RC24 can actually be converted to RF mode. My guess is that it will be activated in a future patch.

Why did DirecTV release the R15 with so many features missing or broken which will be fixed at a later date? I have no clue. From what I've been told, when the Series 1 DirecTivos came out, nothing on them worked right. All in all, I would say that this is one of the smoothest hardware rollouts I've ever seen from DirecTV. But that's just my viewpoint looking at this from the inside...

I haven't bothered to check if the RC24 can actually be converted to RF mode.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The RC 24 IS a RF remote so it will be able to be changed from IR to RF, I don't have a R15 so I don't know if it has the RF funtion on it, someone else will have to chime in on that.

Make sure tyou have a RC 24 not a DTVR remote, the DTVR looks identical, except the format button, it is NOT RF capable, ir only

Jimbo

An indication that you have a RF remote, is the FCC ID # sticker on the back of the remote. The white RF remote gives off IR and RF all the time, no way to control that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)