R16-300 Dual tuner setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sramnath01

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
I have done a couple searches but nothing pertaining to my specific reciever. What I am looking for is instructions or guidence on how to setup dual tuners so I can record one channel and watch another. little info on my setup

Reciever model: R16-300
Triple LNBs
from what I can see there is only one RG6 coming off the LNB
I do have 2 recievers but I dont see a multiswitch anywhere on the outside of the house, I believe when they resided the house everything got covered up.

Please any help would be much appriciated.

you will need a second line run to your dvr's satellite 2 input... once that is done, go to menu, setup, satellite... right arrow to highlight menu options in the lower right. go to repeat satellite setup.. you will probably have to press 'dash' but that is fine. arrow down to tuner, press select. press up or down arrow so the tuner option says 'dual'. press select... right arrow, to done.

you should be all set...

I have done a couple searches but nothing pertaining to my specific reciever. What I am looking for is instructions or guidence on how to setup dual tuners so I can record one channel and watch another. little info on my setup

Reciever model: R16-300
Triple LNBs
from what I can see there is only one RG6 coming off the LNB
I do have 2 recievers but I dont see a multiswitch anywhere on the outside of the house, I believe when they resided the house everything got covered up.

Please any help would be much appriciated.

When did you get your DIRECTV dish installed ?

Does your dish say SLIMLINE on it ?

Do you know if you have SWM ?

A multiswitch couldn't be covered up under the siding.

Sounds like you have a Phase III Triple lnb Dish.
You have a built in 4x4 muiltiswitch in the LNBs on the dish.
You need to run another cable from the Dish to your Tuner 2 input on the R16.
Then your done.
Do a hard reboot, Unplug power for about 30 seconds, plug back in and after a long wait (10-15 Minutes) you'll be good to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)