R16 help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nicolasrobelin

Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
texas
my dvr r 16 300 keeps telling me that i have to download a new software , wich my dvr does not want to do , i keep pressing ok to down load and it does not do anything.(every 10 or 15 minutes)
Direct Tv keeps saying that i need a protection plan to get this solve , wich to me sounds stupid , because everything work perfect.
i talk to them tech support and they asked me how is the weather do this do that , and the problem never got fix.
but i think the problem is the dvr and they dont want to accept the fact that, is their problem not my.
and the big example that i got from the tech suuport girl was if you rent a car and something goes wrong with it you have to pay to get it fix and my answer was yes IF I DO SOMETHING TO THE CAR AND, I BROKE THE CAR I WILL PAY FOR IT, BUT IF THE PROBLEM COMES FROM FACTORY OR A NEW UPDATE THAT THEY NEED TO DO IM NOT PAYING FOR IT. IF ANY ONE HAS A SOLUTION FOR IT PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME DIRECT TV IS GETTING ON MY NERVES .
nyk54@hotmail.com

my dvr r 16 300 keeps telling me that i have to download a new software , wich my dvr does not want to do , i keep pressing ok to down load and it does not do anything.(every 10 or 15 minutes)
Direct Tv keeps saying that i need a protection plan to get this solve , wich to me sounds stupid , because everything work perfect.
i talk to them tech support and they asked me how is the weather do this do that , and the problem never got fix.
but i think the problem is the dvr and they dont want to accept the fact that, is their problem not my.
and the big example that i got from the tech suuport girl was if you rent a car and something goes wrong with it you have to pay to get it fix and my answer was yes IF I DO SOMETHING TO THE CAR AND, I BROKE THE CAR I WILL PAY FOR IT, BUT IF THE PROBLEM COMES FROM FACTORY OR A NEW UPDATE THAT THEY NEED TO DO IM NOT PAYING FOR IT. IF ANY ONE HAS A SOLUTION FOR IT PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME DIRECT TV IS GETTING ON MY NERVES .
nyk54@hotmail.com

Have you tried doing a simple reset yet ?

Menu> Set Up> System Set up > Reset >Restart Receiver > dash, select

Doesn't sound simple, but it is !

Also, you might want to put this in the regular D* section, but I'll help you if I can.

Do what Jimbo said, and then slowly type 02468 in order after the first blue screen comes up on the reboot. That will force a download of the most recent software.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts